It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"There are no builds applicable to the current scope." in Builds viewlet (RTC 2.0.0.2)

Andrew Freed (21311214) | asked Jun 07 '12, 9:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 08 '12, 12:22 p.m.
I have added the builds widget to an RTC 2.0.0.2 project, which has two build definitions owned by my team.  I am building a project dashboard, adding the Builds widget to it.  The Builds widget is scoped to the team but shows "There are no builds applicable to the current scope."

I've attempted this same setup on a second project dashboard, which also shows this bad behavior.

I have a third project too, this one acts slightly differently.  On the project dashboard, I have the Build widget scoped to project (and subteams).  This widget does show some but not all builds in scope.  It should show a maximum of 4.  I have a history of 100s of builds in this project area yet it is only showing three.

In the first two projects, changing the scope from team to project (include subteams) has no effect.

Thus I am 0 for 3 in using the Builds widget/viewlet in project dashboards in RTC 2.0.0.2.  What's the secret?

Update: Is there a time/calendar filter on this viewlet?  Today I see a few builds in one of the dashboards, however far less than the maximum it should be showing.

2 answers

permanent link
Andrew Freed (21311214) | answered Jul 05 '12, 7:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That makes sense Mike, thanks for clarifying.

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Jul 04 '12, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,

The "Builds" widget in RTC 2.0.0.2 is feed-based (i.e. New feed events are generated in the build-related feeds when new builds are queued up (pending), in progress or recently completed).
I suspect your problem is due to the following defect:
[Events Viewlet]: Missing feed entries for certain event type configurations (216737)

>> Update: Is there a time/calendar filter on this viewlet?

The feed service that this widget relies upon sets a limit on the number of feed events to 100.
The raw feed events correspond to many event types (e.g. Work Items, builds, SCM, dashboards, etc.).
Unfortunately, in order to get only build feed events the widget feed service filters out all other event types.
Meaning, if there were 90 feed events for work items and 10 feed events for builds. Only 10 build feed events would show up - even though we are supposed to have 100 build feed events.

Note: A new "Builds" widget was introduced in 3.0.1 that is REST-service based rather than feed-based (which was deprecated). It resolves all of these issues and it's results match exactly to the Builds Results page in the Web UI and "Builds" view in the RTC client.

Thanks,

Comments
Arnold Cruz commented May 16 '13, 3:06 p.m.

Hi ,

Was the new Builds widget introduced in 3.X? We are on 3.X and see the same issue as stated above. But noticed the new Builds widget on our stage env which is running 4.X.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.