It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading JTS server from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1.3 issue

Zulchefil Ozgian (1656) | asked Jun 07 '12, 7:49 a.m.
Hello.

I have a question regarding upgrading the JTS server from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1.3.

I am using currently JTS version 3.0.1 (RQM and RTC installed in the same bundle). I have used the guide from and have reached step 9. I am using Tomcat and Derby database.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_upgrading_3011.html

Step 9

Run the repotools -addTables command to ensure the database has the correct tables. (For distributed systems, go the appropriate server and run the repotools command.)
cd 3.0.1.x_install_dir/server
./repotools-jts.sh -addTables noPrompt
./repotools-ccm.sh -addTables noPrompt
./repotools-qm.sh -addTables noPrompt

When I do the first command I get the following error

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[root@oc0570384574 server]# ./repotools-jts.sh -addTables noPrompt
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles".
  Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.
CRJAZ1971I The server is configured with:
  Public URI: "https://oc0570384574.ibm.com:9443/jts"
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB"
CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
 Db Product Name: Apache Derby
  Db Product Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
  Db URL: jdbc:derby:conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB;create=true
  Jdbc Driver Name: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver
  Jdbc Driver Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer_1/server/repotools-jts_addTables.log" for more details.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in this forum is it possible to attach log files? I do not see the option of attaching files.

If it is not possible I will update the thread with the logs from the file.

What must I do so that the process of migration from 3.0.1 to 3.1.1.3 can continue?

Comments
Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:35 a.m.

2012-06-06 10:48:35,712 Repo Tools 2012-06-06 10:48:35,713 java.version=1.5.0 2012-06-06 10:48:35,713 java.runtime.version=pxi32devifx-20110209 (SR11 FP2 +IZ94331) 2012-06-06 10:48:35,716 Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles". 2012-06-06 10:48:35,733 repotools-jts -addTables noPrompt 2012-06-06 10:48:35,734 Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607) 2012-06-06 10:48:35,742 CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:36 a.m.

2012-06-06 10:48:36,234 CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS. 2012-06-06 10:48:36,235 CRJAZ1971I The server is configured with: Public URI: "https://oc0570384574.ibm.com:9443/jts" 2012-06-06 10:48:38,513 CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB" 2012-06-06 10:48:38,938 CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful: Db Product Name: Apache Derby Db Product Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208) Db URL: jdbc:derby:conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB;create=true

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:37 a.m.

2012-06-06 10:48:38,988 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:37 a.m.

was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation. at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:246) at

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:38 a.m.

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:603) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:665) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:168) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:582) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:566) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:116) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:181) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:150)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:365) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:39 a.m.

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2054) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2023) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:403) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:107) at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64)

at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736) at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820I Failed to create the system schema. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:125) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:91)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:188) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:240) ... 41 more Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'Array index out of range: 0: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException'. at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:40 a.m.

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareMetaDataStatement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.prepareSPS(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQueryUsingSystemTables(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQuery(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQuery(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.getMetadataSchemaNames(PersistentMappingService.java:473)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.getJazzDefaultPhysicalSchemaName(PersistentMappingService.java:382) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.createSchema(PersistentMappingService.java:501) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:108) ... 44 more Caused by:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0 at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericParameterValueSet.initialize(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BaseActivation.setupActivation(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.getActivation(Unknown Source) ... 57 more

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:41 a.m.

2012-06-06 10:48:39,008 CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService". com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseStateService" failed to activate because a service it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.IPersistentMappingService", failed to be activated. at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:319)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:652) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:133) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:248)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.getService(TeamServiceRegistry.java:224) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.LocalRepositoryCommand.getService(LocalRepositoryCommand.java:198) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.basicDatabaseExists(AddTablesCommand.java:193) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:114)

at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64) at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736) at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:42 a.m.

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287) Caused by:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation. at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:246) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:603)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:665) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:168) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:43 a.m.

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:582) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:566)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:116) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:181)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:150) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:365) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)

at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2054) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2023) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:403)

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:107) ... 16 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820I Failed to create the system schema. at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:125) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.activate(PersistentMappingService.java:91) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:188) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:240) ... 41 more

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:44 a.m.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'Array index out of range: 0: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException'. at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareMetaDataStatement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.prepareSPS(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQueryUsingSystemTables(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQuery(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getPreparedQuery(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.getMetadataSchemaNames(PersistentMappingService.java:473) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.getJazzDefaultPhysicalSchemaName(PersistentMappingService.java:382) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.createSchema(PersistentMappingService.java:501) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService.reset(PersistentMappingService.java:108) ... 44 more

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:45 a.m.

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0 at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericParameterValueSet.initialize(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BaseActivation.setupActivation(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.getActivation(Unknown Source) ... 57 more

2012-06-06 10:48:40,343 java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.basicDatabaseExists(AddTablesCommand.java:193) at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:114) at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64) at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736)

at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287) 2012-06-06 10:48:40,344 CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer_1/server/repotools-jts_addTables.log" for more details.

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 08 '12, 4:35 a.m.

Now I have another error.

[root@oc0570384574 server]# ./repotools-jts.sh -addTables noPrompt Repo Tools Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles". Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties". CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS. CRJAZ1971I The server is configured with: Public URI: "https://oc0570384574.ibm.com:9443/jts"

showing 5 of 49 show 44 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 07 '12, 5:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like the root cause exception is this:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 0 at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericParameterValueSet.initialize(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BaseActivation.setupActivation(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.getActivation(Unknown Source) ... 57 more

Which leads me to believe that there was a problem copying your 3.0.1 Derby databases to the 3.0.1.3 installation area. In the instructions you are following, did you perform step 3? Is your server running on Linux or Windows? The instructions are for Linux systems, but they say you have to do the equivalent thing if you are running on Windows. So step 3 says to do the copy like this:

cp -R 3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB  3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/jts/derby
cp -R 3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB  3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/ccm/derby
cp -R 3.0.1_install_dir/server/conf/qm/derby/repositoryDB  3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/qm/derby
Is that what you did?

My suggestion is to delete the 3.0.1.3 database locations, and do the copy again. That is, delete these folders on your server:

3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB
3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB
3.0.1.x_install_dir/server/conf/qm/derby/repositoryDB
Be sure to delete the 3.0.1.3 databases, not your 3.0.1 databases! Or you will lose all your data.

Then copy your 3.0.1 databases again, and retry the addTables command.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 07 '12, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Detailed error information will be in the log file, so we really need to see what's in it. There should be a log of exception and stack trace information related to the CRJAZ1141I error - can you paste in all the related information? Be sure to include all of the nested exception info. Based on the fact that there was a problem with IDatabaseStateService, it could mean that there was a problem copying the 3.0.1 Derby database to the 3.0.1.3 installation area, such that the copy was corrupted somehow.

Comments
Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:06 a.m. | edited Jun 07 '12, 10:08 a.m.

2012-06-06 10:48:35,712 Repo Tools
2012-06-06 10:48:35,713 java.version=1.5.0
2012-06-06 10:48:35,713 java.runtime.version=pxi32devifx-20110209 (SR11 FP2 +IZ94331)
2012-06-06 10:48:35,716 Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles".
2012-06-06 10:48:35,733 repotools-jts -addTables noPrompt
2012-06-06 10:48:35,734   Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607)

2012-06-06 10:48:35,742 CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
2012-06-06 10:48:36,234 CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.
2012-06-06 10:48:36,235 CRJAZ1971I The server is configured with:
  Public URI: "https://oc0570384574.ibm.com:9443/jts"
2012-06-06 10:48:38,513 CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB"
2012-06-06 10:48:38,938 CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
 Db Product Name: Apache Derby
  Db Product Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
  Db URL: jdbc:derby:conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB;create=true
  Jdbc Driver Name: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver
  Jdbc Driver Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
2012-06-06 10:48:38,988 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" failed during activation.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:246)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:603)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:665)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:168)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.activate(BundleActivationManager.java:290)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.performActivation(BundleActivationManager.java:1589)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.access$2(BundleActivationManager.java:1574)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager$3.acquired(BundleActivationManager.java:573)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:582)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.access$1(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:566)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$5.serviceAcquired(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ImportServiceRecord.acquire(ImportServiceRecord.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer$1.execute(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:64)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForService(ServiceRecordContainer.java:181)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ServiceRecordContainer.doForEach(ServiceRecordContainer.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.container.ImportServiceRecordContainer.acquire(ImportServiceRecordContainer.java:303)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportedServices(BundleActivationManager.java:234)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.acquireImportServiceRecords(BundleActivationManager.java:250)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.startSync(BundleActivationManager.java:2054)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.framework.bundle.BundleActivationManager.start(BundleActivationManager.java:2023)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.register(OsgiServicesManager.java:403)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.registerServices(TeamServiceRegistry.java:325)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.initialize(TeamServiceRegistry.java:286)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.start(TeamServiceRegistry.java:367)
    at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.AddTablesCommand.execute(AddTablesCommand.java:107)
    at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64)
    at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736)
    at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:16 a.m. | edited Jun 07 '12, 10:26 a.m.

I am unable to post the log due to unknown reasons. It crashes when I try to post some parts of the log. Is there an email that I can send it to you?

Seth Packham commented Jun 07 '12, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please use "Add comment" in the Forum for discussion on your question, rather than adding an "Answer." I'm converting your comment from an "answer" to a "comment".

Zulchefil Ozgian commented Jun 07 '12, 10:46 a.m.

I have managed to post it. Isn't there an option to post the entire thing once instead of posting little comments with 600 characters each?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.