It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

rtc scm fails

Serge Blokhin (26711) | asked Jun 06 '12, 1:59 p.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 2:06 p.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
Hi 
I am getting weird results for scm status command. it shows:
        (----)  ---@  <No comment>
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not acquire lock
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.aliases.UuidAliasRegistry.findAliasByUuid(UuidAliasRegistry.java:43
7)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.AliasUtil.alias(AliasUtil.java:111)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.AliasUtil.alias(AliasUtil.java:84)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.AliasUtil.alias(AliasUtil.java:74)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printChangeSetHeader(PendingChangesUtil.java:1149)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printChangeSet(PendingChangesUtil.java:1108)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printChangeSets(PendingChangesUtil.java:1098)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printOutgoing(PendingChangesUtil.java:948)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printComponent(PendingChangesUtil.java:795)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printComponents(PendingChangesUtil.java:720)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printWorkspace(PendingChangesUtil.java:628)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:541)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:461)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.PendingChangesUtil.printPendingChanges(PendingChangesUtil.java:435)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.subcommands.StatusCmd.run(StatusCmd.java:107)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:651)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:398)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:175)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.daemon.CommandLineClient.handleRequest(CommandLineClient.java:125
)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.handle(ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler
.java:46)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not acquire lock

i think its a bug, but could be a limitation on the list of outgoing change sets .
i wonder how to fix the scm state. just deleting shared directory does not help.
Thanks
Serge

One answer

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Jun 06 '12, 2:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is a bug, so you should submit a work item. 

For some reason the alias file (ie, the thing that records the mapping between UUIDs and aliases) is locked longer than the timeout the CLI allows. It's possible that you have another CLI running as the same user. 

Work arounds:
  1. Wait for the other process to finish.
  2. Use a different configuration directory (ie, 'scm --config /path/to/other/dir status ...')

Comments
Serge Blokhin commented Jun 06 '12, 2:15 p.m.

Hi , thanks for the quick reply, i run lscm.bat from different threads so its possible that my app runs several different lscm.bat with the same user. are you saying i should not be doing it ?

Serge Blokhin commented Jun 06 '12, 3:44 p.m.

i tried to use different directory. the result is the same. it still shows those blank aliases.

Evan Hughes commented Jun 06 '12, 5:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Then it sounds like a bug. Windows has weird locking issues, so it may boil down to that. I suggest submitting a bug.

If you're still having the problem, try hitting the 'scm' process with SendSignal (docs at http://www.latenighthacking.com/projects/2003/sendSignal/) to get a stack trace.

Serge Blokhin commented Jun 06 '12, 5:29 p.m. | edited Jun 06 '12, 5:31 p.m.

yes it looks like a bug, i finally could get rid of those outgoing changesets. the status command did show aliases like (----) and all the aliases it was showing as numbers were bad ones since i could not use them in commands like discard... but i turned "show uuid" on and it showed the uuids. so i was able to discard those changesets by uuid . i filed a bug for this one....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.