It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve workitem changes and attribute modifications?

VK L (8177154159) | asked Jun 06 '12, 5:45 a.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 4:02 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hi All,
            I have written a code to fetch the attribute values from a workitem - triggered on the save operation (Operation Participant Plugin). I want to distinguish if it's a new/modify/delete operation - plus the changes that are made during each of the save operation - like the old and new values of a particular attribute and so on. How can this be achieved programatically?

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jun 29 '12, 3:27 a.m.
Hi Valli,

After a long, I hope, I got a solution for your requirement....
Hope you remember that we will mention Plugin Action as WorkItemSave during the creation of Plug-in.

Same way, you can create a plugin which will execute during the Delete operation of WIs. You can add this plugin in the preconditions of the Delete Work Item [Server]

Regards
Muthukumar.C

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Jun 10 '12, 10:22 p.m.
Hi,
       I have a plugin that executes on WI-Save operation and its an Operation Participant. Once a record is created, i use the values to update another WI record (different WI Type). So, i want to execute a part of the code in the same plugin - during deletion of WI - to redo the changes made. How to capture the WI delete operation?

Thanks.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered Jun 07 '12, 9:25 a.m.
edited Jun 07 '12, 9:26 a.m.
Hi Valli.

Below code snippet will solve your query

Object data = operation.getOperationData();
        if(data instanceof ISaveParameter){   
            ISaveParameter saveparameter = (ISaveParameter)data;
            IAuditable WIOldState = saveparameter.getOldState();
            IAuditable WINewState = saveparameter.getNewState();

In this code, WIOldState will have the Old values of the work item attributes and WINewState will have the values during the save.
Of course, if WIOldState== null, then it means Creation of NEW Work Item.

Hope its usefull.

Regards
Muthukumar.C

Comments
VK L commented Jun 07 '12, 9:33 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '12, 9:56 a.m.

Hi Muthukumar,

How to capture the delete operation?

Muthukumar C commented Jun 07 '12, 9:39 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '12, 9:57 a.m.

I cant see any point in capturing the Delete operation. What ever the code you are writing in the Plugin will be executed during the SAVE operation. (Modification / Creation)

In which scenario you want to capture the delete operation.??

VK L commented Jun 08 '12, 12:58 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '12, 9:57 a.m.

Hi,
      the scenario is such that we are updating 1 parent record - which is of another WI Type based on updations made in WI Items of another category. So, when a WI is deleted, i will have to restore the values in the parent record to deduct the contents of the deleted record. Its more of calculation based

Thanks.

Muthukumar C commented Jun 08 '12, 1:05 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '12, 9:58 a.m.

Sorry valli, I am totally out of loop now.

Actually you are having a Plug-in that will execute when saving a work item. (Create / Modify)
In the plug-in code itself, you will delete another work item or what? I am not sure whether I am reading you correctly.

Else, Are you asking for - your code should execute during the deletion of WI manually???

Better to post some code from your plug-in so that I can see the workflow of the Plug-in and where your requirement is hidden

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.