It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve custom attributes using Rational insight report?

VK L (8177155159) | asked Jun 06 '12, 1:12 a.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 4:02 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hi All,
            I have a defined package that i am using for reports. How to fetch the custom attributes? how to update and bring them to the available package? Just running data warehouse jobs does not seem to do this updation.

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jun 06 '12, 4:51 p.m.
Hi, my comment was regarding the data model provided with the CLM products.  Obviously any custom data model would depend on whether you based it off that or what changes you made. 

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Jun 06 '12, 11:01 a.m.
Hi Jackie,
                  Thanks. Report package here means the default one (or) does it apply to custom-created ones as well?

I have one more doubt w.r.t the report design. I need to plot owner against number of issues/risks held as welll as number of open issues/risks. But the problem that i face is:
under "Change mgmt" section -> there is "resource" instead of owner and the "total requests" count works if i plot with resource - but data is not same as owner. But if i plot against "owner name" from within total request metrics, its taking the whole count for every user. I think i am missing something w.r.t joins...i am designing using report studio and unable to find an easier way to do this.

Thanks.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Jun 06 '12, 10:47 a.m.
Hi Valli,
Custom attributes are grabbed by default if you are using the RTC 3.x ETL.  You can find them in the report package in the ODS Request Area.   Look for "Request String Extension", "Request Integer Extension", etc.  Which extension to use will depend on which type of attribute you are looking for.  The "Name" value will have the custom attribute name, and the "Value" field will contain the value for your attribute.

If your custom attribute is an enumeration, you'll also need to look at "Request Enumeration".   For Request Enumeration, the External Id field will map to the Request String Value field,   and the Literal Name field maps to what the end user sees in the enumeration field in RTC. 

It can be a little confusing until you play around with it some, but I hope this helps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.