It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query team description information and query person with Role

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jun 05 '12, 11:44 p.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 3:57 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Two questions:
1) is there any way to search Team Description information?  For example, we want to have a team that has responsibility for a couple of our L3 APAR queues for service (not 1 team per queue) and we were going to put the L3 Queue names in the Description.  Is there a way that someone looking for the team handling Queue "X" can find that information easily in RTC?

2) Same kind of question ... we have customized roles that we give to certain people (like Architect) .. and so if someone is looking for someone with "Architect" role, is there a way that they can get RTC to give them a list of the people in the project area, or within a team hierarchy (this team and below) that has the "Architect" role?

Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jun 09 '12, 1:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The short answer to both of these questions is No. But I believe solutions to both of your requests are on our roadmap.

For #1, our goal is to allow individual pieces of your process description to be embedded throughout the tool in rich hovers. The support for rich hovers is there today, in fact, but we're missing the connection points in the tools. With 3.0.1 and 4.0, the best you can do is copy/paste URLs to the descriptions anywhere a hyperlink is permitted. (You can get the URLs to a particular practice or element from an action available in the tree of the description editor.)

#2 falls under our general concept of "process introspection". This is the idea that you should be able to ask the tool common questions, exactly like "Show me who plays role X in team Y (or in the project)".

#1 is high on our priority list for process authoring. #2 is also important to us, but it's behind a number of other customer issues in the "process runtime" domain.

Hope that helps,
- Jared

permanent link
shaomin xing (15643) | answered Jun 08 '12, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For point 2:  Currently, there is no service that could return a list of process roles with associated contributors. But if you are just using RTC rather than extend it, the
Team Members viewlet could partly help the problem.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jun 09 '12, 1:06 a.m.

For #2: yea, except that we have between 50 and 75 teams in our organization of 600 people or so worldwide so that makes it more difficult, since I'm not just looking for the roles of the people on my team or a single team or even 1 or two teams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.