It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating Jazz/RTC baseline and syncing with other streams

Bala Rajamani (31117) | asked Jun 05 '12, 5:29 p.m.
retagged Jun 06 '12, 3:58 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hello,

I've enabled Jazz build to create snapshot baseline(s) during build process. Wondering for possibility of delivering a particular build snapshot baseline to other streams created on the same component.

This will help me to keep the validated code base and roll back if necessary (between the current development sandbox and validated code).

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 05 '12, 5:37 p.m. | edited Jun 05 '12, 5:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We want all postings to have a clear, specific QUESTION in the title field. Please try to edit this to rephrase the title as a proper question, not just "RTC Baseline"

3 answers

permanent link
Bala Rajamani (31117) | answered Jun 07 '12, 9:47 a.m.
Thanks. It helped to deliver the build workspace snapshot and resync other associated streams.

permanent link
Bala Rajamani (31117) | answered Jun 06 '12, 4:42 p.m.
Hello David,

I'm able to point a stream or workspace to a baseline, which are created manually but unable to do it to the snapshot baselines created from the Jazz build process.

The build snapshot baselines are being listed when I try to list through
(1) <RTC_Project>/Source Control/Components/<Component_Name>
but not seeing the list when I try to list through...
(2) <RTC_Project>/Source Control/<stream>/<Component_Name>.

The later (2) shows only the baselines that I created manually but I would like to point my workspace to baseline that created from the Jazz build process.

Thanks!

Comments
Evan Hughes commented Jun 06 '12, 5:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The snapshots are on the build workspace, not the stream.

David Olsen commented Jun 06 '12, 5:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The easiest way to find a snapshot that was created by a build is through the build result. There is a link to the snapshot on the overview tab of the build result. If the build result has been deleted, then you need to do as Evan said and look in the build repository workspace.

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jun 05 '12, 6:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is possible to create a new stream or a new repository workspace based on a snapshot, or to replace the contents of a stream or repository workspace with the contents of a snapshot.  This can be done at any time.  There is no need to deliver a snapshot (or the component baselines that make up the snapshot) now.  When you need to roll back a stream or create a repository workspace that recreates an older build, you would find the snapshot that you want and go from there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.