It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Drag and drop to plan changes Filed Against to Unassigned

Dennis Hurlbut (133) | asked Jun 04 '12, 7:37 p.m.
We have a Project Area configured as follows:

Categories:
Unassigned <Root Category>, Associated to Project Area
->Project 1, Associated to Project Area, inherited

When we create a plan in the project timeline, and drop a work item onto the Planned Items tab, the action changes the Filed Against to 'Unassigned', not to 'Project 1'. This is the only Project Area we have that does this, and we can't seem to figure out why. Has anyone observed similar behavior, and if so, did you find a resolution?

Regards,
Dennis Hurlbut

2 answers

permanent link
Dennis Hurlbut (133) | answered Jun 05 '12, 10:54 a.m.
I did take a look through that, but the process spec doesn't reflect the category changes or time line changes, as neither are in the process spec itself. It doesn't even reflect any changes I made while working on this, which were extensive to the timelines because they were pretty mucked up.

permanent link
Dennis Hurlbut (133) | answered Jun 04 '12, 8:07 p.m.
I found a solution. I'm not sure what was corrupt in the relationship between the root category and this child, but I associated the problem category to a Team Area, saved, then associated it back to the Project Area and saved again, and the category works as it should.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jun 04 '12, 8:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you pull up the history of your Process Spec, you can compare the one that didn't seem to work with the current one and see what's different. I can't hazard a guess as to what happened without more data about the plan configuration, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.