It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem in mapping blue groups to Jazz groups

Susan Wu (4712016) | asked Aug 14 '08, 11:32 a.m.
I am trying to configure my team server to use ibm bluepages.com as the LDAP service and map my blue groups to Jazz groups.. I am at the point that I can login with my ibm intranet id to the jazz team server admin area, but with only read access..although I have ensured I am a member of the blue group that I intend to map to the JazzAdmins group, I am seeing: Notice: You are using a directory service that
is not writable. User roles cannot be modified message in the respository uesr permission area. Anyone has any clue of how to fix this? Thanks.

Susan

5 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 14 '08, 2:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The changes you made to WAS / Tomcat is used to authenticate an user. You also need to configure Jazz configuration properties to use LDAP for authorization.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/LDAP4Dummies talks about the changes required to use LDAP for authorization.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered Aug 14 '08, 3:04 p.m.
yeah I followed the steps in that wiki link to update the server.xml and web.xml accordingly, but doesn seem to work.. I think it is ignoring the part of defining secuirty role in the web.xml file...although i am not seeing any syntax error there.. I am not good at xml.. can someone examine that file for me to see if the group mapping part is correct? Thanks.

Susan

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Aug 14 '08, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

The changes you made to server.xml and web.xml are to map the Jazz roles
to the LDAP roles. The changes are used only by the container (WebSphere
or Tomcat) for authenticating users.

For Jazz to recognize you as an Admin or a Guest, you need to edit the
teamserver.properties or use https://{Server}:9443/jazz/setup. This will
allow you to configure the LDAP setting.

Ping me and I will take a look at your setting.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

yisu wrote:
yeah I followed the steps in that wiki link to update the server.xml
and web.xml accordingly, but doesn seem to work.. I think it is
ignoring the part of defining secuirty role in the web.xml
file...although i am not seeing any syntax error there.. I am not
good at xml.. can someone examine that file for me to see if the
group mapping part is correct? Thanks.

Susan

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered Aug 14 '08, 4:58 p.m.
Thanks Balaji for your prompt response.. I will ping you on sametime tomorrow.. the problem I am having is, once I updated the two xml files (server.xml and web.xml) and restart the Jazz Team Server, I will lost my write access immidately and I am not able to save the LDAP configuration setting from the setup page.

Susan

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered Aug 15 '08, 11:45 a.m.
Hi Balaji,

I managed to update the teamserver.properties file with bluepages ldpa parameters to configure ldap setting from tesam server level, restarted the server.. but still seeing the same problem, that I am not being recognized as a member of the JazzAdmin group,and none of my bluegroups are being recognized yet. Thanks.

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.