It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plans get open in RTC web from client.

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Jun 04 '12, 6:31 a.m.
I am using RTC 3.0.1.1 client. From last few days, I am noticing that when I open the plans from RTC client, all plans get  opened in RTC Web UI. How to correct this so that it opens in Client itself.

4 answers

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Jun 04 '12, 8:52 a.m.
the client is 3.0.1.2 but the setting option is already there the same way.

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Jun 04 '12, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is what mine looks like when it is set to open in eclipse with no prompt (I added <---- next to the two properties that affect this.)

Can you paste yours in so we can see it?

Mon Jun 04 08:56:02 EDT 2012

ask.planeditor.open.web=always <-------- settings=<?xml version\="1.0" encoding\="UTF-8"?>\r\n<settings timespansmode\="progressive">\r\n<quickcolorize/>\r\n</settings> tempoColorize=false plans.recent@_W-NO8KQJEeGFgI7EBHCSiA=_YAkD0KQJEeGFgI7EBHCSiA@0| planeditor.open.web=2 <-------- tempo=false autosave=true . .

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Jun 04 '12, 8:51 a.m.
The setting is already this way itself so no help.

permanent link
Filip Wieladek (30413) | answered Jun 04 '12, 8:40 a.m.
edited Jun 04 '12, 8:40 a.m.
In Eclipse: Window -> Preferences -> Planning.

There you have the options to change the setting

Comments
Guy Slade commented Jun 04 '12, 8:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That option was added in the 4.0 client. In this case it is a 3.0.1.1 client being used sothe previous answer is the correct one.

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 04 '12, 8:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 04 '12, 8:24 a.m.
Delete the lines listed below in the com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs file located:

workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs

ask.planeditor.open.web=always
planeditor.open.web=1

Next time you restart eclipse you should be prompted where you want it to open.

Comments
Guy Slade commented Jun 04 '12, 9:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is an older forum entry (you should search first before asking). This has some step by step instructions that will hopefully help. https://jazz.net/forum/questions/60633/how-to-change-the-open-in-web-client-default

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.