It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Undoing a Check-in of a Change Set

Weston Gaddis (111) | asked May 30 '12, 2:28 p.m.
Hello all ... does anyone know how to undo the check-in of a change set without also undoing the changes to the local sandbox (I have been successful with the undoing of everything but I want to keep my local sandbox changes)? As you all know, when changes exist between a local sandbox file and the repository workspace file, the difference is shown as "Unresolved" in the Pending Changes View. How or can I get back to that Unresolved state?

Thanks for any assistance or insight you can share.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 30 '12, 6:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just for interest's sake, why do you want to undo the check-in?

Cheers,
Geoff

Hello all ... does anyone know how to undo the check-in of a change set without also undoing the changes to the local sandbox (I have been successful with the undoing of everything but I want to keep my local sandbox changes)? As you all know, when changes exist between a local sandbox file and the repository workspace file, the difference is shown as "Unresolved" in the Pending Changes View. How or can I get back to that Unresolved state?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 30 '12, 2:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no direct way to undo the change from a change set and get it back as an unresolved change. You could create a patch of the change set and undo the change. This removes the change from the change set and you can reapply it with the patch to get it back as an unresolved change.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.