It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Birt Report. STATES table empty

Boris Fornaris (0145) | asked May 30 '12, 7:42 a.m.
I'm developing a report and I need to show the state names, but the STATE table is empty. In RTC 3.0.1 it worked correctly, but since 3.0.1.2 and so far (4.0), it's doesn't work. The STATE table doesn't have any records. Well the table has only one record:
STATE STATE_NAME PROJECT_AREAID
Unassigned Info not available

Does anybody know if something is changed when you create a new Project Area?
Is there a new table with the STATE names?

Datasource: WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT
Dataset:
table: STATE
Columns: STATE, STATE_NAME, STATE_GROUP

Best regards
Boris

2 answers

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered May 30 '12, 12:12 p.m.
Hi Valli
Following your suggestions I got this link which explains how to run a data collection job.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_running_the_data_collection_jobs.html

Thank you very much, now the STATE table does contain all states of all Project Areas.

Best regards
Boris

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered May 30 '12, 9:30 a.m.
Hi boris,
Reason could be that the snapshot tables have not got updated. This updation happens through jobs run periodically. Just check on the job settings, run it once (via JTS admin page) and check if its reflecting latest data.

If you have data in the project, then it should reflect in the report as well. Just make sure there is data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.