It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can values be imported from csv to populate the literal list

Julie Dacko (1135) | asked May 30 '12, 7:25 a.m.
We have enumeration lists that may contain over 150 values. Is is possible to import values from csv or some other method instead of manually entering them? Using RTC 3.0.1.3.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 31 '12, 2:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware of such functionality. You could probably create a tool that does it, but the effort exceeds the time you would save by far.

As a user I would not want to work with a list that contains 150 literals. What is the usecase?

permanent link
Julie Dacko (1135) | answered May 31 '12, 7:04 a.m.
I am not aware of such functionality. You could probably create a tool that does it, but the effort exceeds the time you would save by far.

As a user I would not want to work with a list that contains 150 literals. What is the usecase?

We will have several project areas but on of these project areaswill contain multiple teams. The list of the applications that will be used for work items will exceed 150. In addition to the applictions there will be sub-apps that will be dependant on the application value selected, so this list will be very large for initial setup. The lists that the users will see will be much shorter based on the dependant values.

There is a import function in ClearQuest that makes it very easy to import list of values needed for choice lists. In RTC theese lists need to be enumerations.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 31 '12, 7:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately i am not aware of any import capability in RTC for literals.
What you could try is to provide the list as HTTP somewhere and use the HTTP value provider to read it (provided your RTC version supports italready). This probably does not reduce the effort of providing the list, but might help maintaining it in the future.

permanent link
Julie Dacko (1135) | answered May 31 '12, 7:40 a.m.
Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately i am not aware of any import capability in RTC for literals.
What you could try is to provide the list as HTTP somewhere and use the HTTP value provider to read it (provided your RTC version supports italready). This probably does not reduce the effort of providing the list, but might help maintaining it in the future.

Thanks for the information. I will look into the HTTP value provider. Would appreciate suggestions from others as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.