It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get history of IFileItem

Florian Haskamp (3623) | asked May 29 '12, 10:17 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:27 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I already found out how to get IFileItem objects for all of my source files. Now I am interested in history/changeset elements (like "lscm history" does on the command line).

How do I access corresponding change set information from an IFileItem?

Comments
Florian Haskamp commented May 30 '12, 5:29 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '13, 9:22 a.m.

Alternatively, where can I find the API description of the RTC 2 SDK?

I downloaded the SDK but there is no documentation and no java doc embedded?

ioana lazar commented Jul 23 '12, 9:15 a.m.

Hello. How can I get IFileItem objects for all of my source files from a repository? I'm looking for the solution into the api but I can't find out how to do that using the Java Plain Client Libraries. Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 30 '12, 7:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is some JavaDoc for the Plain Java Client Libraries in the latest releases. The SDK has comments and source code. Follow https://jazz.net/library/article/784 and the Extensions workshop to set up your development environment and then you can look into the code. That is what I think is available.

Comments
Florian Haskamp commented May 31 '12, 10:54 a.m. | edited Nov 14 '13, 9:23 a.m.

Thanks - I downloaded a newer SDK version and was finally able to extract the JavaDoc myself.

Now I found a way to access the history (and change sets) of a file item.

Next step is to access a work item associated to any of these change sets. But after some hours of googling and scrolling through the JavaDocs I could not find a way to receive them.

What is the correct way to access the workitem object connected to a changeset?

Yehiel Glass commented Nov 13 '13, 9:34 a.m.

Hi Florian,

Can you please help me to undersand how to get file history (in changesets) out of IFileItem ? (I'm working in server side)

waiting for your answer,

Yehiel

Florian Haskamp commented Nov 14 '13, 2:13 a.m.

Hi,

I don't have the complete solution at hand, but these were basically the steps:
- Use a BaselineConnection to get a) the changeHistory and b) the RootFolderHandle (via BaselineConnection.configuration, I think...)
- Use the RootFolderHandle (b) to extract the IVersionableHandle (c) for each file
- Use the changeHistory (a) with a versionableHandle (c) to receive change sets

From here I used the LinkManager to get links of type "com.ibm.team.filesystem.workitems.change_set" - these can be used to get the workitem(s) connected to change sets.

And yes, I learned to hate the API and am happy to not have to use RTC and Jazz anymore...

Yehiel Glass commented Nov 14 '13, 5:51 p.m.

Hi  Florian,

Many thanks for your replay! You give me a hope..
CAn you provide a more detailed code? I don't understand this: "Use the changeHistory (a) with a versionableHandle (c) to receive change sets" - i didn't find any option like that.
Thanks again for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.