It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle Internet Directory (OID) as identity management

Mirek Rzadkowski (46285) | asked May 29 '12, 8:10 a.m.
Has anyone used CLM 3 or CLM 4 with Oracle Internet Directory (OID) as the identity management solution. OID is apparently fully LDAP compliant but it is currently not as one of the supported identity management platforms. Any experience you can share will be appreciated.

-mirek

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Jan 14 '14, 11:02 a.m.

Hi Mirek,

Did you try it? I´m facing a real situation where I´m going to discuss configure the Oracle Identity Management (OIM) and any experience would be useful.
Thx

Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Jan 14 '14, 11:03 a.m.

Hi Mirek,

Did you try it? I´m facing a real situation where I´m going to discuss configure the Oracle Identity Management (OIM) and any experience would be useful.
Thx

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 31 '12, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mirek,

you can try it. Because it is not supported does not mean it won't work. It is just not one of the tested configurations. You might still be able to use it. I have used an unsupported LDAP system in workshops myself.

If you call support, they will do what the can to solve problems. Only if they can't reproduce issues and that could be related to OID they might not be able to help further. With respect to the workshops mentioned above, the system we used got in a state that it would not start automatically anymore. This would be a case where support won't be able to help for example.

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Jun 14 '14, 5:56 p.m.

Ralph,

Still about using a non-supported LDAP system, might you identify what kind of issues I could experience on authentication, authorization and nightly sync tasks delegated to LDAP? Any other important task perfomed by the LDAP integration that I missed?

I can determine my non-supported ldap system as working if the three tasks above works fine, isn't it?

permanent link
N Z (3622127) | answered Jun 15 '14, 6:16 p.m.
 We tried OID with CLM4. 

We were using WAS, we could not get it to work properly with WAS and CLM. I can't remember the details, but it had something to do with retrieving a users groups, OID wasn't returning what was expected. So neither WAS nor CLM could ever determine if a user belonged to one of the JAZZ groups.

It's possible this issue could have been resolved as an OID configuration issue, unfortunately, we had no control over OID, nor could the OID custodians solve the problem for us.

We spent a lot of time on it, in the end we gave up and switched to AD.

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Jun 16 '14, 9:52 a.m.

Hi NZ,

I almost get the config works for me, except by the impossibility to map CLM applications roles to OID groups. In that configuration step the groups weren't retrieved.
Nevertheless, on WAS users & groups section, the users and groups from OID were retrieved successfuly. Weird...

permanent link
Isabel Murakami (3811615) | answered Jun 17 '14, 6:29 p.m.
Hi all,
Enhancement request created to add CLM support on OID:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=320794

WAS team had confirmed that they do support OID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.