It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Creation from Server Side Plugin.

Muthukumar C (32712733) | asked May 29 '12, 3:29 a.m.
retagged Jun 08 '12, 9:34 a.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1218)
Hi,

My requirement is that when changing the Status of a Particular Work item, I want to create a new work item in another project area.

I am using JAVA and I have to develop this functionality in SERVER SIDE PLUGIN

Any ideas / sample codes will help me .

Thanks.
Muthukumar.C

Comments
Nikhil Bharti commented Nov 27 '12, 8:04 a.m.

Hey Muthu,

I've same requirement , where I need to create WI of type Task in different project area and copy summary and description fron current workItem.Could you please send me the sample code.

Thanks,
Nik 

Muthukumar C commented Nov 27 '12, 8:15 a.m.

Nik, I am not suppose to publish the code as per my company policy.
But i am sure that by reading all the previous discussion between me and sam, you can get a overview of the process.

Accepted answer

11 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6184201) | answered Jun 08 '12, 6:02 p.m.
great!.. thanks for the feedback

permanent link
Dnyanesh Markad (291525) | answered Feb 13 '13, 11:37 p.m.
Hi All,

I have created the operationParticipant by using the createworkItem2() method. But after state change of workitem It is not generating workitem automatically. Here is my code :

if (state.equals(Inprogress))
                                {

IProcessServerService processServerService = getService(IProcessServerService.class); ;

IWorkItemServer workItemServer =(IWorkItemServer) getService(IWorkItemServer.class);

String Pa = newWorkItem.getProjectArea().toString();
                                IProjectArea projectArea = (IProjectArea)processServerService.findProcessArea(Pa, null);

String WItype = newWorkItem.getWorkItemType();

IWorkItemType workItemType = workItemServer.findCachedWorkItemType(projectArea, WItype);

IWorkItem workItem = workItemServer.createWorkItem2(workItemType);

// Set the Attributes of Task work item.

workItem.setHTMLSummary(XMLString.createFromPlainText("Automatic WI"));

workItem.setOwner(newWorkItem.getOwner());

workItem.setCategory(newWorkItem.getCategory());

workItem.setTarget(newWorkItem.getTarget());

workItemServer.saveWorkItem3(workItem, null, null, null);

}

Comments
Muthukumar C commented Feb 13 '13, 11:55 p.m.

With the initial glance, the difference is that I am using SaveWorkItem2 functional. apart from that same logic as yours. Should work. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.