It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin deployment - error

VK L (8177154159) | asked May 28 '12, 4:35 a.m.
Hi Sam,
I get the below errors after including "com.ibm.team.workitem.client" dependency in manifest file:

2012-05-28 15:38:58,168 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "advisor.example 1.0.0.201205281530".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client; bundle-version="3.0.2"
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1341)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1049)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1084)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1163)
at com.ibm.team.repository.web.internal.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

* The component is available in the target platform path though (SDK).

My manifest file is as:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Example
Bundle-SymbolicName: advisor.example;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: advisor.example.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
com.ibm.team.process.common;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.client;bundle-version="3.0.2";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.process.service;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.service;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.repository.client;bundle-version="1.2.0";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.repository.common;bundle-version="1.2.0",
com.ibm.team.repository.service;bundle-version="1.1.2"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 28 '12, 7:46 a.m.
Hi Sam,
I get the below errors after including "com.ibm.team.workitem.client" dependency in manifest file:

2012-05-28 15:38:58,168 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "advisor.example 1.0.0.201205281530".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client; bundle-version="3.0.2"

Thanks.

yes, '.client' means on the client(eclipse or standalone app) end.. never on the server..

so, you will need to find .common or .service supported classes & methods

I look in the server update directories to figure out which is installed.
usually server\conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered May 30 '12, 7:43 a.m.
Hi Valli,

You need to install RTC SDK 3.1 and include
WorkItemInitialization and
WorkItemInitialization in the manifest dependencies tab.

Hi Sam,

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1341)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1049)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1084)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1163)
at com.ibm.team.repository.web.internal.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

* The component is available in the target platform path though (SDK).

My manifest file is as:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Example
Bundle-SymbolicName: advisor.example;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: advisor.example.Activator
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
com.ibm.team.process.common;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.client;bundle-version="3.0.2";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.process.service;bundle-version="1.2.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.common;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.workitem.service;bundle-version="3.0.2",
com.ibm.team.repository.client;bundle-version="1.2.0";visibility:=reexport,
com.ibm.team.repository.common;bundle-version="1.2.0",
com.ibm.team.repository.service;bundle-version="1.1.2"
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Bundle-ActivationPolicy: lazy

Thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 30 '12, 8:53 a.m.
I don't understand your suggestion.. that will not resolve the coding problem

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client;

that plugin will never be found on the server runtime.

permanent link
Muthukumar C (32712833) | answered May 30 '12, 9:11 a.m.
Sam,

I thought she has wrongly added the Client plugin in to the xml.
So i suggested her to add the com.ibm.team.workitem.common and com.ibm.team.workitem.service in the manifest xml.

I don't understand your suggestion.. that will not resolve his coding problem

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.client;

that plugin will never be found on the server runtime.

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 30 '12, 9:22 a.m.
Yeah...As Sam has mentioned, there was no problems with the manifest file...I used methods relevant to server-side plugin and it works now

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.