It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 4.1 Beta 2a: Error creating artefacts

Dirk Ambras (6122) | asked May 25 '12, 11:01 a.m.
Hi,

after installing that sw on a Win 2008 R2 64bit system I'm trying the End-User Scenario.
Step 2: I have 2 projects now but I'm not able to create anything more: no modules, folders, ... :x

Rich client: "unable to create ..."
Web client:
a) It shows the module which is said to be non-existing and I can enter it! But the button "Add artefact" is not active.

b) When I try to create something in menu "Artefakte" there's the error text "You aren't permitted to put an artifact of the selected type into the specified folder. Please change the type of the artifact or change which folder is to contain the artifact.", no matter what I select.

What's wrong?

Thanks
Dirk

2 answers

permanent link
Doug Raith (561) | answered May 28 '12, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your posting. Could you please raise a defect for this observed behaviour, and attach client logs generated during the scenario, and post a reference to the raised defect?

Regards,
Doug Raith, DOORS Development.

Comments
Kyle Province commented Jun 14 '12, 4:22 p.m.

I'm having the same issue as Dirk inside a sandbox on RTC 4.0 and DM 4.0. I'm using the web client to access DM which is contatined on a linux server with RTC on the same server. The menus come up fine, but I get the same error "You aren't permitted to put an artifact of the selected type into the specified folder. Please change the type of the artifact or change which folder is to contain the artifact." and I can't find Defect 60327...

Vikas Setty commented Jun 18 '12, 2:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kyle,

You can find the defect 60327 here:

https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=60327

permanent link
Dirk Ambras (6122) | answered May 31 '12, 8:46 a.m.
Hi Doug,

I created Defect 60327.

Regards
Dirk

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.