It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access to component list

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked May 25 '12, 10:08 a.m.
Hello,

Here is my problem. We would like to have a public visibility over streams and components that are placed on streams. But, we also would have a private managment of workitems.

Is there a way to do this properly ?

For now, I am trying to put a solution in place.
We set projects to member only visibility. I developped an Eclipse client wich call a server-side plugin I developped wich provides an API to find components and streams.

To implement the sever-side plugin, I tried 2 solutions :

1. I tried to search components from server side librairies but, when I'm logged with a JazzUser contributor, I don't get what I want.

2. I tried to use client librairies in my server-side plugin to reconnect with a JazzAdmin User before searching streams and components (the user and password are placed in server properties) but I'm not able to get the dependancies I need (repository.client, scm.client, process.client and workitem.client).

Is one of my solutions a good start ?

Best Regards,
Sylvain

2 answers

permanent link
Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | answered May 29 '12, 3:26 a.m.
Hello,

Thank you for this idea. But unfortunatly, I don't have the right (not the right from Jazz/RTC, but from our organization) to modify this.

For now, I'm still looking for a way to put the RTC client API minimal dependancies in my server-side plugin definition (solution #2 in my previous post).

Regards,
Sylvain

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 29 '12, 2:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you tried to use the read access restriction in the category configuration area? This allows to make work items only visible to team members of teams associated to that category.

This is independent of the access restriction on project level. The only caveat is that, in order to file a work item to a category the user needs to have read (and write) access to that team and thus be a member.

If this is sufficient, you would save yourself a lot of plug in development.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.