It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Autobuilds / scm changeset associate command

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked May 24 '12, 3:34 p.m.
Part of my automated builds modifies a header file to increment the build number. I want to deliver this modification after the builds are complete.

After the builds are complete I run the 'scm status' command. I've figured out then I need to do a 'scm checkin' command. We have a precondition to associate a work item to the changeset. I know I have to run the 'scm changeset associate' command. My question is how do I know what the changeset is so I can run that command?

scm changeset associate -r ${repositoryAddress} -u ${userId} -P pasword -d ${basedir} -w ${workspaceId} changeset

According to the documentation the changeset is a name, alias, or UUID of the changeset to operate on.

13 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered May 30 '12, 4:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've been thinking about this on and off since my last post. Jeff is right. We really should try harder to make the user's life easier. Not everyone is familiar with *nix scripting or running in an environment that makes that easy.

I've submitted a bug requesting a check-in-and-deliver at the end of the build and a bug requesting a limited check-in-and-deliver via the command line.

permanent link
John Camelon (1.7k14) | answered May 31 '12, 12:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am linking this forum post to https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/161438 - Revisit scm command line syntax.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered May 31 '12, 11:58 a.m.
I've been thinking about this on and off since my last post. Jeff is right. We really should try harder to make the user's life easier. Not everyone is familiar with *nix scripting or running in an environment that makes that easy.

I've submitted a bug requesting a check-in-and-deliver at the end of the build and a bug requesting a limited check-in-and-deliver via the command line.

Thanks Evan. I also wanted to reply and let you know that I was able to get everything working. I had to tweak the perl script that parses the output of the checkin command and my ant script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.