It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change an LDAP userid ?

Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | asked May 17 '12, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have two users imported with different cases causing me some heartburn, difference that happened while case sensitivity was off they were the first user to notice before I reverted back to case sensitive to avoid lots of these problems.

Same LDAP userid, RTC just picks one when they login:
unclesam@ibm.com
UncleSam@ibm.com

Is it possible to change one of their userids directly in the database or something so I can turn off case sensitivity? Archiving does not seem to work, it was still using the archived one ? Hoping I can just add an extra character to one of the userid to avoid the confusion.

-Sean

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christopher Ricci (9815) | answered May 17 '12, 1:42 p.m.
I have two users imported with different cases causing me some heartburn, difference that happened while case sensitivity was off they were the first user to notice before I reverted back to case sensitive to avoid lots of these problems.

Same LDAP userid, RTC just picks one when they login:
unclesam@ibm.com
UncleSam@ibm.com

Is it possible to change one of their userids directly in the database or something so I can turn off case sensitivity? Archiving does not seem to work, it was still using the archived one ? Hoping I can just add an extra character to one of the userid to avoid the confusion.

-Sean

Hey Sean,

I found this technote which I think will help:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470141

To modify a user ID within Rational Team Concert, the link to the external LDAP user registry needs to be temporarily broken which would allow modifications to a user ID.
Note: Steps 3 and 6 below are new to Rational Team Concert 3.0.

Go to Advanced Configuration page in the web user interface: https://<servername>:9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced

Change property User Registry Type from LDAP to UNSUPPORTED

Change property Ability to Modify User IDs from false to true

Save settings

Modify User ID

Change property Ability to Modify User IDs back to false

Change property User Registry Type back to LDAP
Sean G Wilbur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean G Wilbur commented Jun 04 '12, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks for the pointer Chris that works as advertised, problem solved!!!

Nikki Erwin Ramirez commented Jun 18 '13, 4:47 a.m.

I tried this on RTC 4.0.0.1, with Derby DB.  Whenever I change "LDAP" to "UNSUPPORTED", I get this error:

CRJAZ0704I Invalid user registry type. Valid registry types are LDAP, LDAPLocalGroup, TOMCAT and UNSUPPORTED.
Therefore, I am still unable to correct the wrong user IDs.

Anybody else seeing this?

One other answer

permanent link
jonas lima (835) | answered Sep 10 '14, 12:02 p.m.
This works 4me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.