It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difference between getWorkingCopyManager vs getMutableCopy

Hollis Chui (2177) | asked May 16 '12, 1:55 p.m.
Hi,

I am accessing a project area to change the name. Can someone tell me the difference between getWorkingCopyManager() vs getMutableCopy(pa).

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered May 24 '12, 8:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

IProcessItemService#getMutableCopy will return a working copy of a process item. Essentially, it is the same as calling IItem.getWorkingCopy on the process item.

IProcessItemService#getWorkingCopyManager allows access to an object that can be used to get IProcessItemWorkingCopy instances. IProcessItemWorkingCopy instances are used in the Eclipse editors and support being initialized and updated asynchronous (like, while the editor is loading), as well as publishing update events when changed. Working copies can be shared across editor instances so that when an item changes in one editor, the changes are reflected in the other editor.

Martha
Jazz L3 Developer

Hi,

I am accessing a project area to change the name. Can someone tell me the difference between getWorkingCopyManager() vs getMutableCopy(pa).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.