It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading from RRC 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.3

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked May 10 '12, 4:53 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the server from 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.3. I am following the instructions provided as well as on the web.
We are on a Windows 2008R2 server.
I am at step 14 of the instruction on the web where we run the /upgrade/jts_upgrade, ccm_upgrade, qm_upgrade and rm_upgrade batch files.

jts_upgrade.bat - ran with parameters -oldJTSHome and -oldJTSVersion The JTS upgrade command didn't work the first time I ran it. Second time, within the same DOS session, i re-ran the command by using the UP key to get it on the prompt and hitting enter. It succeeded.

CCM_upgrade.bat -used with parameters -oldApplication Home and -oldJTSVersion same thing.. failed the first time. 2nd time, it ran and also opened up the teamserver.properties file for me to add the value for
com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://<hostname>\:9443/jts

QM upgrade.bat - ran with parameters -OldAppilcationHome -- failed the first few times. .Manually edited the teamserver.properties as the error message stated, ran the command again, no problems finally..

rm_upgrade.bat - ran with parameter -OldApplicationHome - failing due to the following: Has anyone encountered this? Could you please help me get past this point??
I am also attaching a modified friendconfig.rdf file that i even manually copied into the JTS folder from the RM folder, hoping to fix the issue..

Thank you!

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server>upgrade\rm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

============================================
=== RM Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.3 ===

Last execution failed at initial step...

Step 0: Update config files
---------------------------

Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server"
Command: repotools-jts.bat -migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome= "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" applicationContextRoot=rm oldJTSHome="c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" oldJTSContextRoot=jts updateTomcatFiles=yes newApplicationHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IB
M\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf" newJTSHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf" newJTSContextRoot=jts

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the scri
pt execution:
E

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:///C%3a/PROGRA~2/IBM/JAZZTE~2/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
CRJAZ2131I The old application version is "3.0.1".
CRJAZ2043I The public URL property "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" is set on the JTS teamserver.properties file "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/teamserver.properties". Assuming that the JTS configuration files are already merged. The JTS friends configuration file that contains the RM registered application information will be created at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/friendsconfig.rdf" . The JTS teamserver.properties and web.xml will not be updated.

CRJAZ2043I The public URL property "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" is set on the JTS teamserver.properties file "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeam
Server_3013\server\conf/jts/teamserver.properties". Assuming that the JTS configuration files are already merged. The JTS friends configuration file that contains the RM registered application information will be created at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/friendsconfig.rdf" . The JTS teamserver.properties and web.xml will not be updated.
Validating RM application configuration files...
Validating friends configuration files ...
CRJAZ2037E There should be one friend entry in the RM friends configuration file "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf/rm/friendsconfig.rdf".

The rm upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

4 answers

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered May 10 '12, 4:56 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the server from 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.3. I am following the instructions provided as well as on the web.
We are on a Windows 2008R2 server.
I am at step 14 of the instruction on the web where we run the /upgrade/jts_upgrade, ccm_upgrade, qm_upgrade and rm_upgrade batch files.

jts_upgrade.bat - ran with parameters -oldJTSHome and -oldJTSVersion The JTS upgrade command didn't work the first time I ran it. Second time, within the same DOS session, i re-ran the command by using the UP key to get it on the prompt and hitting enter. It succeeded.

CCM_upgrade.bat -used with parameters -oldApplication Home and -oldJTSVersion same thing.. failed the first time. 2nd time, it ran and also opened up the teamserver.properties file for me to add the value for
com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url=https\://<hostname>\:9443/jts

QM upgrade.bat - ran with parameters -OldAppilcationHome -- failed the first few times. .Manually edited the teamserver.properties as the error message stated, ran the command again, no problems finally..

rm_upgrade.bat - ran with parameter -OldApplicationHome - failing due to the following: Has anyone encountered this? Could you please help me get past this point??
I am also attaching a modified friendconfig.rdf file that i even manually copied into the JTS folder from the RM folder, hoping to fix the issue..

Thank you!

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server>upgrade\rm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

=== RM Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.3 ===

Last execution failed at initial step...

Step 0: Update config files
---------------------------

Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server"
Command: repotools-jts.bat -migration_rm_updateConfigurationFiles oldApplicationHome= "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" applicationContextRoot=rm oldJTSHome="c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" oldJTSContextRoot=jts updateTomcatFiles=yes newApplicationHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IB
M\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf" newJTSHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf" newJTSContextRoot=jts

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the scri
pt execution:
E

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.3 (RJF-I20120322-1607)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:///C%3a/PROGRA~2/IBM/JAZZTE~2/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
CRJAZ2131I The old application version is "3.0.1".
CRJAZ2043I The public URL property "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" is set on the JTS teamserver.properties file "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/teamserver.properties". Assuming that the JTS configuration files are already merged. The JTS friends configuration file that contains the RM registered application information will be created at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/friendsconfig.rdf" . The JTS teamserver.properties and web.xml will not be updated.

CRJAZ2043I The public URL property "com.ibm.team.repository.server.webapp.url" is set on the JTS teamserver.properties file "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeam
Server_3013\server\conf/jts/teamserver.properties". Assuming that the JTS configuration files are already merged. The JTS friends configuration file that contains the RM registered application information will be created at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_3013\server\conf/jts/friendsconfig.rdf" . The JTS teamserver.properties and web.xml will not be updated.
Validating RM application configuration files...
Validating friends configuration files ...
CRJAZ2037E There should be one friend entry in the RM friends configuration file "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf/rm/friendsconfig.rdf".

The rm upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

I guess I can't do attachments here, like I can on the DW forums..

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 11 '12, 12:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you look in the friendsconfig.rdf file under ../server/conf/rm/, you should see something like this (note: I had to replace < > with to display properly here):

falseRzew0q0WUbclnRsb14K8cecGIcUaLOY0Gchuwt1ZQE8=
abf94ca152014147b1c4cf456c32ca39
https://clmweb:9443/jts
RRS_JFS

Depending on the current configuration, you may need to make corrections before performing the upgrade. I would suggest contacting support to advise on the changes as to not break your current environment. Or it could be something as simple as not running a cmd prompt as administrator and you don't have access to read the friendsconfig.rdf file.

Otherwise, you may want to try the manual upgrade, which should work assuming your current environment is up and running without any issue. Hope it helps,

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered May 14 '12, 11:59 a.m.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

This is all I have in the ../server/conf/rm/friendconf.rdf file

On another server where we have a running instance of RRC on 3.0.1.0 with a Derby database, we have the following

false
+W0R4tySy/L2cq0Gxihdb2SOrsympDpKUUpZgXjiwYA=
8049267c6e6648f29341764f29c14cd9
https://Server.com:9443/jts
RRS_JFS

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 14 '12, 1:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should have a friend entry on the server, which is why the upgrade fails. Do you not have a consumer key for /RM in jts/admin -> Consumers (Inbound). Is the application working properly?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.