It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reproduce requirements relationships when creating WIs

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Apr 27 '12, 9:51 a.m.
Hello,

When linking one ore more RRC requirements collections to a RTC plan and then requesting the creation of the Work Items for the selected requirements of these collections, is there a way to reproduce the relationship that might exists between these requirement (example: "Use Case" extracted from "Scenario") in RTC by having the link automatically transformed into a parent-child relationship between the created work items.

As of today, when creating new WIs in a RTC plan using a RRC requirements collection containing 2 types of artifacts (where each type should be interpreted differently in the plan), next to having modifying manually the type of the WIs, the relationships have to be created manually too which is prone to errors.

Regards,
Olivier.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 11:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Olivier,

I don't think there is anything like that. This would require a fixed synchronized link semantic in each tool that also works across the tools. I am not sure we have that.

It would be a nice enhancement request though, to be able to define such a semantic in each tool and a mapping that can be used for synchronization. Please subscribe me, should you decide to create such an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.