It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extract Process Template from Project Area

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Apr 26 '12, 7:42 a.m.
I extracted a process template from a project area, and used it to create another project area. I notice that roles and permissions were preserved in the template, but that members, team hierarchy (and therefore teams and team process customizations), categories, dashboard customization, work item queries did not get preserved in the template. I dont know if work item customization would have been preserved because I didnt do any.

Why didnt the noted items get preserved in the template?

Would work item customizations (eg: work flow changes) get preserved in the template?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 26 '12, 10:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, all work item customizations in place at the time when you create the template will be stored in the template. The general idea is that a process template just captures the process, so that it can be used for a new project/team. So the omission of teams and team members is deliberate. On the other hand, there are things that one would think should be captured in the template (like dashboards and reports) that are not. There already is a workitem requesting that dashboards and reports be captured in a template, but you should feel free to submit an enhancement request to get additional information captured by a template (and some things, like team and team members could be made "optional", i.e. you identify at template creation time whether you want them included in the template).

Cheers,
Geoff

I extracted a process template from a project area, and used it to create another project area. I notice that roles and permissions were preserved in the template, but that members, team hierarchy (and therefore teams and team process customizations), categories, dashboard customization, work item queries did not get preserved in the template. I dont know if work item customization would have been preserved because I didnt do any.

Why didnt the noted items get preserved in the template?

Would work item customizations (eg: work flow changes) get preserved in the template?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.