It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ0062I The user Unknown ??

JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | asked Apr 23 '12, 2:22 p.m.
Hi,

Using RAM 7.5.1.1.

RAM complained when tried to access the RTC.

I have tried both rtc 2.0.0.1 and rtc 2.0.0.2 but have the same problem. I can log on to the RTC and seeing my real id name on the upper right hand corner (instead of "Admin"). The ram.setup was even successful set the rtc configuration. It is when I tried to access the RAM page, it forced me to go to configuration due to can't access rtc. I did try to restart the server (ram and rtc). I have tried all suggestions I can google but it still didn't work. My RTC definitely was set up correctly, it was used my other applications with no log-in problem.

14 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 24 '12, 9:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

What is the full message?

Make sure on RAM's configuration page that the userid and password is correct AND that it is pointed to the correct RTC. The userid and password are case-sensitive.

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | answered Apr 24 '12, 10:34 a.m.
Hmm... may be you didn't read my posting carefully. In it I said the ram.setup was successfully set up the RTC hence it couldn't be the wrong RTC url, or id/pwd, right? Else ram.setup wouldn't be successfully configured RTC setup.

The complete message is :

com.ibm.team.repository.common.LoginFailureException: CRJAZ0062I Invalid username ("XXXX@us.ibm.com") or password. (Note: usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1407)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:566)
at com.ibm.ram.jazz.internal.client.JazzClientInstance.jcLogin(JazzClientInstance.java:342)
... 60 more

A question to you, is RAM suppose to send the name or id (uid) to RTC? Why ram.setup has no complain but RAM web client has problem?

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 24 '12, 10:48 a.m.
Yes, we use the username and password because RAM needs to log into RTC to be able to use it.

But why RAM is complaining but RAM setup didn't I don't know.

Bring you browser up fresh and use the exact same URL you pasted into RAM config page as-is and try the exact same userid and password that RAM config page has as-is and see if that fails.

If it doesn't fail in the browser then there is some communication problem between RAM and RTC itself.

Rich

permanent link
JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | answered Apr 24 '12, 11:39 a.m.
Of course you need an account to log on to RTC. That was not my question.

Please do read my posting carefully. I did say I was able to log on to RTC with the same id/pwd (I did a cp/paste of the rtc url and id/pwd) and was successfully log in and seeing my name in the right-hand-corner (NOT the "ADMIN" name).

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 24 '12, 6:11 p.m.
Do you have any firewalls or SSO (like SPNEGO) in place? Especially between the RAM server and the RTC server?

RAM can only support basic and form based authentication to RTC. It cannot support others like SPNEGO.

It is basically saying that RAM is trying to log into RTC using the given userid and password and RTC is coming back and saying no. So there is either an error in inputting the url/userid/password into the RAM configuration page or there is something between RAM and RTC that is blocking the request.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Apr 25 '12, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the RTC that is used, is the one installed to drive RAM's workflow, it should be installed on a profile that does not use specialize SSO.

permanent link
JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | answered Apr 26 '12, 1:13 p.m.
No, no SSO or specialized one, no firewall, no SPNEGO. normal RTC on a normal blue zone system,

Please bear in mind again, the RAM configuration works just fine, it configured the same RTC, id/pwd. It is the RAM web client that complained.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 26 '12, 2:34 p.m.
I am bearing that in mind. It is not the web client, it is RAM itself. Whether you came in through the web client or through the Rich Client this would still occur because RAM is trying during its initialization phase to log into RTC on the server itself. But whatever is configured doesn't work.

I know you said ram setup worked. But that is a different app done once at the beginning. But for some reason now later on the WAS server that is running RAM is not able to log into the RTC. It is complaining about either the userid or the password is not correct.

I can't help you any further. There is something funny going in the configuration that it is not sending the correct userid and password to the RTC.

Have you tried NOW after you get this error to log into RTC using that same userid and password? It may be that the password was revoked due to too many invalid tries.

permanent link
JazzRUs Gogh (1061311) | answered Apr 26 '12, 2:43 p.m.
Yes don't think you will be able to help.

No problem with id/pwd to log on to RTC. I have other application which is using the same id/pwd with no problem at all and that application is running 24/7.

I even went as far as cp/paste/cp/paste from notepad to RAM the id/pwd and url to make sure I didn't type the wrong url, id or pwd, 3 times I did that. And every time RAM failed again, I would again cp/paste from the same notepad to the RTC server itself and was able to log on.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 26 '12, 5:20 p.m.
I'm looking at the RTC code that we use to access RTC within RAM. You would get that message if you logged in with one userid and it returned from RTC with a different userid or name. The RTC code does a validation to verify that it got back the same person it logged in as. When you do this from the web there is no code to this validation so it just accepts it as is.

Now, could this user (your example said "XXXX@us.ibm.com" but I'm sure that was just a scrub out of the real login) have more than one email address and the one you logged in with is not the default email address for this user?

That's the only thing I can think of. Because if you configured it such that the login id was email address and there was more than one email address for the user, any email address you log in with would be valid to identify the user BUT I think internally it would then identify the user in its internal database tables by the FIRST (default?) email address that is returned from LDAP.

Rich

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.