It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Calculate a field value with other values.

Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | asked Apr 20 '12, 12:44 p.m.
HI

I want to calculate some values for a type of workitem with some fields on their childrens.
For example :

Children 1 :
Estimate Time = 6 Hours
Time Spent =2 hours
% = 33% (this value should be calculated automatically)

Children 2 :
Estimate Time = 10 Hours
Time Spent = 4 Hours
% = 40% (this value should be calculated automatically)

Parent A :
Estimate time = 16 (this value should be the sum of all the "Estimate Time" of their Childrens)
Time Spent = 6 ( same that above)
% = 37% (this should be calculated with the values of Estimate time and Time Spent)

What do I have to do for me to have this?

THanks

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 24 '12, 3:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

scripts won't work as far as I can tell. I once found a follow up action extension"TotalChildDurationParticipant" in the Team WiKi on Jazz.net. This follow up action extension is an extension to RTC that, on save of a work item, looks for change in the estimation attribute. If there is a change it looks for a parent If there is a parent it adds up the estimates of all children and sets the value. I wish I could provide you with a link, but unfortunately I seem to be unable to find it again.

You can start with https://jazz.net/library/article/784 and look into the Extensions Workshop. This workshop also discusses how to create follow up action extension.

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | answered Apr 24 '12, 6:33 p.m.
Hi,

scripts won't work as far as I can tell. I once found a follow up action extension"TotalChildDurationParticipant" in the Team WiKi on Jazz.net. This follow up action extension is an extension to RTC that, on save of a work item, looks for change in the estimation attribute. If there is a change it looks for a parent If there is a parent it adds up the estimates of all children and sets the value. I wish I could provide you with a link, but unfortunately I seem to be unable to find it again.

You can start with https://jazz.net/library/article/784 and look into the Extensions Workshop. This workshop also discusses how to create follow up action extension.

If you could find the link or source of how can I do that it would be AMAZING! that's exactly what I'm looking for.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 25 '12, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you could find the link or source of how can I do that it would be AMAZING! that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Hi Cesar,

I have been drilling for it for hours the past 2 years because I wanted the link for enablement. I can't find it.

Here is a post that shows some code that iterates through the parent child relationship: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8813

It should be easy enough to use with he Extensions workshop to create your own participant.

I am sorry but I have too few information e.g. name of the zip file or the topic to find it. It was before 2010 that I found it and it might well be deleted or orphaned.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.