It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove the .project file outside a project

shu chu (622) | asked Apr 20 '12, 5:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am using RTC3.0.1.

There is a .project under the root directory of one component, which does not belong to any project. I could not load this file into my workspace, and don't know how to remove it from the stream. It seems only files under projects can be loaded into workspace.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Rafael Pirolla (1649) | answered May 02 '12, 4:34 p.m.
Did you try messing with the filters in the Package Explorer view? It's down arrow key in the upper right of this view, then goto filters and choose to see .* files.

Pirolla.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 03 '12, 1:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you execute "Load" on the component from within Eclipse, select the "Browse the components to select the folders to be loaded", and then on the next page of the wizard, select the root folder of the component. Then open the Advanced Options section, and make sure that "Load and create Eclipse projects for the selected folders" is set. This will expose that .project file in the Eclipse Project Explorer view, and you can delete it from there.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi,

I am using RTC3.0.1.

There is a .project under the root directory of one component, which does not belong to any project. I could not load this file into my workspace, and don't know how to remove it from the stream. It seems only files under projects can be loaded into workspace.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '12, 2:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am using RTC3.0.1.

In addition to Geoffs answer: These .project files are createcd by load operations. If the file is not needed, you should add it to the ignore list. When required for loading the file would be created so that Eclipse can see the folder/project, but it will not be added to SCM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.