It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What drives QM to present login prompt for CCM ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Apr 12 '12, 4:39 p.m.
Hi,

I'm seeing inconsistent behavior when connecting to QM Projects in a repository which have connections to CCM for artifacts. Once in a while I receive login challenge for CCM, but many times that challenge isn't actively presented. Part of this may be use of Tomcat as app server and the fact that there is quite a nest of JTS/QM/CCM in the mix.

It is possible to visit the Defects and login, but users have grumbled a bit about the behavior.

Are there rules that are being used to prompt user for login to 2nd application ?

Kevin

3 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 09 '12, 10:45 a.m.
Ok, I figured this out.  On one particular QM project area after login there was no prompt to login to RTC.  Visiting
something like Work Items would initiate the prompt.   On those QM project that do ask me to login there
is the "My Tasks" widget on my personal dashboard.   I added that widget to the dashboard that appears on
login and now I'm prompted to login to RTC as well.

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 12 '12, 10:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'm seeing inconsistent behavior when connecting to QM Projects in a repository which have connections to CCM for artifacts. Once in a while I receive login challenge for CCM, but many times that challenge isn't actively presented. Part of this may be use of Tomcat as app server and the fact that there is quite a nest of JTS/QM/CCM in the mix.

It is possible to visit the Defects and login, but users have grumbled a bit about the behavior.

Are there rules that are being used to prompt user for login to 2nd application ?

Kevin

The login is based on the browser session with the app server. So for each seesion you'll need to log into each server in the mix. The session timeouts are controlled by the server. So what they are seeing might be due to one session timing out while the other is still active.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered May 15 '12, 4:52 p.m.
Hi,

Kevin

The login is based on the browser session with the app server. So for each seesion you'll need to log into each server in the mix. The session timeouts are controlled by the server. So what they are seeing might be due to one session timing out while the other is still active.

Scenario:
Fresh launch of browser
Connect to QM project (authenticate to its JTS)
No prompt for RTC login received.
QM and CCM are under different JTS

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.