It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Temporarily disable email notifications for a project

Eric Smith (122) | asked Apr 09 '12, 1:18 p.m.
Is there a way to temporarily disable email notifications for a project?

I want to import changes to several work items, updating several fields (summary, dependencies, due date, etc... some of which weren't imported from MS Project properly), but I don't want to spam the entire team.

I noticed there's a way to disable all emails (for the entire installation), but this will affect other projects and I'd like to avoid this if possible.

Suggestions on how to avoid this in the future are welcome as well.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 05 '14, 7:44 p.m.
edited Feb 05 '14, 8:28 p.m.
in post 2 of this topic https://jazz.net/forum/questions/137079/resolved-not-a-bug-with-user-mail-settings-and-receivemails
i posted the source for a complete utility  to do the function u requested..

this saves the users settings, and then disables all mail, and on restore puts it back like it was
as email is system wide, this disables ALL email for the specified users

needed:
url of the rtc server
admin userid
admin password
a file of lines of email addresses..
disable and restore function..

I noticed recently (when I tried to use it) that the product has changed to lowercase attribute names (on 4.0.4 at least)
instead of the mixed case ones.

imx.getChild("global").getChild("workitems").getChild("receiveMails").putString("value", "false");
becomes

imx.getChild("global").getChild("workitems").getChild("receivemails").putString("value", "false");

same for the other similar lines

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Feb 05 '14, 5:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, this is not possible but it has already been requested:  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=140179

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.