It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivery permission

Sagar shah (821617) | asked Apr 03 '12, 2:39 p.m.
In RTC either developer can be granted deliver permission or cannot be granted delivery permission.

Is there any option where the delivery to the developer can be granted on approval ? or this has to be taken care in the Task workflow state and preconditions ?

i.e the developer can deliver the task only if the task is in approved state ?

if this is the only way how to make this change ?

-Thanks
Ban

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 05 '12, 7:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Geoff,

how to set this up ? like devl cannot deliver the task to the stream unless approved by the team lead.

Do you have steps/documents i can follow

-Thanks

Have a look into the help here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.platform.doc/topics/t_projects_teams_process.html

Here is another source: https://jazz.net/library/article/137 search for precondition.

permanent link
Sagar shah (821617) | answered Apr 04 '12, 10:32 a.m.
Hi Geoff,

how to set this up ? like devl cannot deliver the task to the stream unless approved by the team lead.

Do you have steps/documents i can follow

-Thanks

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 04 '12, 12:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Requiring the appropriate approvals in the task is the only way I know to do it (other than writing your own custom process pre-condition). Is there a reason why you don't want to use task approvals ?

Cheers,
Geoff

In RTC either developer can be granted deliver permission or cannot be granted delivery permission.

Is there any option where the delivery to the developer can be granted on approval ? or this has to be taken care in the Task workflow state and preconditions ?

i.e the developer can deliver the task only if the task is in approved state ?

if this is the only way how to make this change ?

-Thanks
Ban

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.