It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

running the Jetty Release 1 server

Annie Ying (2063103) | asked Aug 05 '08, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I'm having trouble getting the Jetty server launched from RTC. I am using the launch configuration from the wiki (JazzServer-06-RTC10-Maximal.launch) and in my runtime I have the license plugin from server zip (in jazz/server/license-update-site/com.ibm.team.rtc.server.license.standard-trial) I keep getting an error saying at the Setup Step 4:

An error occurred while saving the configuration properties. Please check your server log for more details.

However, I don't see any errors written in the Tomcat server log.

Please help! Thanks!
Annie

16 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Aug 06 '08, 4:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This shouldn't be needed, but after changing the value in the text
field, press the tab button or click on a new field so that the page
will notice that you changed a value. I think the save button should
enable.

aying wrote:
Sorry... in my last message I meant to say I tried saving the User
Registry property (even without hitting Preview) but it doesn't let
me -- the save button is grayed out...

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered Aug 06 '08, 5:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm sorry that even a simple operation is such a pain, but neither tabbing nor clicking a new field enables the save button.

I'm suspecting that even the ADMIN account doesn't have write access...

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Aug 07 '08, 11:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
While working together out of band, we discovered a collection of needed
updates for the wiki page. Those updates will help people who hit
similar problems with the Jetty server.

aying wrote:
I'm sorry that even a simple operation is such a pain, but neither
tabbing nor clicking a new field enables the save button.

I'm suspecting that even the ADMIN account doesn't have write
access...

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered Aug 07 '08, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It turns out that the WIKI page on running a Jetty server is inaccurate and there are a few bugs in the Jetty server. Thanks to the help of Matt, we found that we need the following steps to get the Jetty server into a reasonable state:

1. Install the JUnit test source to the RTC client (The JUnit code has some code to tell the server that it is a development server).
- Download the JUnit test source at https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/1.0/JazzJUnitTests-0.6.zip
- Unzip it (on a MAC, do it on command line. on a Windows, use the 7-zip software suggested by the Jazz team. Otherwise there can be problems with the long names) to $RTC-Client-PATH/jazz/client/eclipse. The content of the zip should be unzipped to the "links" and the "source" folders there.
- Enable the JUnit test plugins in the RTC. Go to Window --> Preferences --> Plug-in Development --> Target Platform. Select the Target "Jazz JUnit Tests Source and Binaries" and press Load Target.

2. Modify the launch configuration file (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/viewfile/Main/JazzServerRunAndDebug?rev=1;filename=JazzServer-06-RTC10-Maximal.launch) to include the following test plugins:
- com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests
- com.ibm.team.repository.common.serialize.tests
- com.ibm.team.repository.common.test
- com.ibm.team.repository.tests.common
- com.ibm.team.repository.tests.service
- org.eclipse.test.performance
3. Run the server. You will notice that there are two errors as follows. Ignore them as they are induced by the JUnit tests for testing purposes.

com.ibm.team.repository.tests.service.internal.IFailingService
CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.tests.service.internal.FailingService" failed during activation.

com.ibm.team.repository.tests.service.internal.INoClassDefFoundService
CRJAZ1138I Failed to create service instance com.ibm.team.repository.tests: "com.ibm.team.repository.tests.service.internal.NoClassDefFoundService".

4. There is also another bug: You must create a new user account with "JazzAdmin" access. Once a user account is created, you cannot change the repository permissions.

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered Aug 08 '08, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
4. There is also another bug: You must create a new user account with "JazzAdmin" access. Once a user account is created, you cannot change the repository permissions.

There seems to be a related bug here: a user account with JazzAdmin access cannot persist the JazzAdmin permissions after the Jetty server is relaunched.

permanent link
megha mittal (15112615) | answered Apr 15 '09, 10:11 a.m.
Hi ,
I am using jetty server in RTC1.0.1.1 and i am facing same issue as mentioned in this topic .I tried adding all plugins mentioned in earlier reply to my launch config but still in web UI repository permissions are grayed out shows "directory service is not writable" .

I am using non LDAP user registry.Also my "Advanced properties" link on web UI shows "DETECT" i tried to change it to jetty , on save it showed me error in "saving configuration properties" please check your server logs for more details".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.