It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the instructions to install Doors Next Gen 4.1Beta1

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Apr 02 '12, 8:02 p.m.
Hi All,

I am following the interactive upgrade guide instructions to install Doors Next Gen which requires updating my current CLM to 4.0 and JTS from 3.0.1.1 to 4.0..

I get to step 12 where I run the upgrade scripts and I get this error.. The command I used was

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4_0\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM
JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

The error I get is

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4_0\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat -ol
dJTSHome "c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf"

=============================================
=== JTS Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.1 ===
=============================================

Last execution failed at initial step...

Step 0: Update config files
---------------------------

Directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4_0\server"
Command:
repotools-jts.bat -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome="c:\Pro
gram Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" jtsContextRoot=jts updateTomcat
Files=yes newJTSHome="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4_0\server\conf
"

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the scri
pt execution:
E

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzTeamServer_4_0\server\conf\jt
s\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 4.0 M5 (RJF-I20111116-1805)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "bundleresource://151.fwk1315655275/te
amserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
Checking the old JTS version...
HNS Version string is 3.0.1.1
CRJAZ2124E The old JTS version could not be determined. Verify that the oldJTSH
ome is pointed at the correct installation and specify the version using the old
JTSVersion parameter.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again
starting at step 0.

STEP 12
Important: Although the script file is located under the upgrade/application directory, it must be run from the server directory. Also if your path contains spaces, ensure that you enclose the path name in double quotation marks.

Note: To use the upgrade script in a distributed environment where you install the CLM application separately from the Jazz Team Server, the upgrade script must be able to access the drive or file system where the application is installed. On Windows, for example, the mount must be in this form: mounted drive letter:\server\conf. An absolute path, such as \\machine name\JTS40InstallDir\server\conf will not work. The mounted drive must be configured with read-write-execute privileges for the administrator account.

The script runs the update configuration files repotools commands to update the configuration and Tomcat files. Continue with the script answering each question when prompted until you see a message that the upgrade succeeded.

To start the upgrade script run the following commands:

cd 4.0_install_dir\server
upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome 3.0.1_install_dir\server\conf
upgrade\ccm\ccm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome 3.0.1_install_dir\server\conf
upgrade\qm\qm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome 3.0.1_install_dir\server\conf
upgrade\rm\rm_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome 3.0.1_install_dir\server\conf

Has anyone seen this error before and resovled it? If so, would you please share the resolution with me?

Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Apr 03 '12, 12:50 p.m.
The instructions for upgrading from 3.0.x to 4.0 are not very good (not surprised here).. Step 12 for ex, says use the following script upgrade\ccm\ccm_upgrade.bat..

however, there is no directory called ccm.. the batch file lives directly under the upgrade directory.. then when it runs, it is passing flags into the repotools_ccm file that don't exist such as UpdateTomcatFiles=Yes..

Also, it checks for oldJTSVersion but is unable to determine it, but in one of the lines above, it prints out the old version....

Has anyone been able to upgrade from 3.0.1.1 to the 4.x beta successfully

Thanks

permanent link
Fabien Pinardon (11) | answered Apr 04 '12, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The instructions for upgrading from 3.0.x to 4.0 are not very good (not surprised here).. Step 12 for ex, says use the following script upgrade\ccm\ccm_upgrade.bat..

however, there is no directory called ccm.. the batch file lives directly under the upgrade directory.. then when it runs, it is passing flags into the repotools_ccm file that don't exist such as UpdateTomcatFiles=Yes..

Also, it checks for oldJTSVersion but is unable to determine it, but in one of the lines above, it prints out the old version....

Has anyone been able to upgrade from 3.0.1.1 to the 4.x beta successfully

Thanks

Hello,
just to let you know we are investigating the issue.
Regards,

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Apr 04 '12, 12:19 p.m.
Thank you!

permanent link
Fabien Pinardon (11) | answered Apr 23 '12, 6:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you!

Sorry for the delay,
the response for the problem is that we don't support upgrade from any prior version of CLM to DNG. You will need to un-install, and install the fresh bits.

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.