It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Visual Studio .NET support for Team Concert

Kartik Kanakasabesan (20112) | asked Jul 11 '07, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all,
I am taking a poll on this topic. I would request you please
reply to this post and what types integrations would be interested in
Visual Studio .NET Environment.
This is NOT a commitment to anything, just to trying to understand the
level of priority on this one.

Regards,
Kartik

18 answers

permanent link
Patrick Oor (21) | answered Oct 03 '07, 9:38 a.m.
By the way, does this mean there is no integration with MS Visual Studio whatsoever available at this point?

Take care,
Patrick Oor.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Oct 03 '07, 12:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick

I saw a VS.NET integration being demonstrated at RSDC last year when IBM first demonstrated Jazz-based technology and spoke about the project in more detail, but not had a chance to look into this since then.

There is an open enhancement request on this #26709. Feel free to add your feedback here.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Maarte Oerlemans (665) | answered Oct 09 '07, 11:05 a.m.
Support for Visual Studio is a must!
Visual Studio is our default IDE used by software engineers. During their regular activities, engineers should not have to switch between tools.
The integration should allow do perform all the action needed for a software engineer. The most important actions are check-out\check-in file and accept and deliver change sets.

The integration with Visual Studio is a very important requirement for us.

Regards,
Maarte

permanent link
Michel Löhr (6) | answered Oct 25 '07, 8:23 a.m.
Here too we need .Net support. We already using the regular Rational tools. But the major development environment is .Net where the developers use Visual Studio. To counter for the use of VSTS we need .Net support for Jazz/Team Concert.

permanent link
Jeffrey Cameron (4166) | answered Feb 14 '08, 1:59 p.m.
We have been waiting for something like Jazz for a while, after you demo'd it to us Kartik we thought it was a panacea. Now I see it only supports Eclipse-based projects and this simply can't work for us. Most of our development is .NET oriented. We would love very much to see a .NET/VS integration and hope one is on the way

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Feb 18 '08, 8:48 a.m.
Our client has a mixed environment with C/C++/.Net and we use VS as IDE. Use Jazz with support for .Net is a must. Please take care of this need.

permanent link
carlos roberto (21443030) | answered Feb 20 '08, 1:37 p.m.
When we post a work item we can see that there is a Visual Studio Client category. It means that it is ready for tests? When it will be available?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Feb 22 '08, 12:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Our client has a mixed environment with C/C++/.Net and we use VS as IDE. Use Jazz with support for .Net is a must. Please take care of this need.

Hi - this is not going to help directly - but if you have people doing C/C++ and they want to use the Eclipse CDT - this is something we have been discussing on this forum. If anyone has been trying out RTC with the CDT plugin - please make sure yo let us know how you are getting on - I am very interested in this too and have tried a few things in this area recently - with no problems so far.

I agree about the need for a .NET client too!

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.