It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RAD 8 with RTC3.0

preetam sk (2643) | asked Mar 29 '12, 7:04 a.m.
Hi,
I am trying this for first time.
I have integrated RAD 8 with RTC 3.0 . I have installed both Web installer as well as p2 install for RTC on RAD. However, when i try running the RTC code on WAS 7, it does not show up the WAS server.
Can anyone help on this.
Response would be appreciated

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 29 '12, 7:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure what you are asking with respect to WAS 7.

To install RTC in RAD/RSA you typically install RAD/RSA first using install manager. Make sure to exclude any RTC client that might ship with RAD/RSA.
The you use Install manager to install RTC into the existing RAD/RSA.

I am not convinced P2 works and you have to check that the supported Eclipse versions match too.

Here a bunch of other posts you could look at: https://jazz.net/search_results.jsp?q=#page=0&type=type%3DDocument-ForumThread&q=RSA%208

permanent link
preetam sk (2643) | answered Mar 29 '12, 7:50 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your response.

I have referred the procedure mentioned in a redbook for integrating RAD 8 with RTC 3.0 , they have asked to install both web installer and p2 installer, even i am able to open the project in RAD by connecting to RTC.
The eclipse version is 2.4.0
Regarding to the WAS 7, they are the servers installed on RAD 8, THe code whic i have on RTC, I want to run it on WAS test server created on RAD, there i dont see any option for selecting the server to run

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 29 '12, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't get it, sorry.

If you want to run code from a project that is stored in RTC SCM on a test WAS then the Test environment has to be installed with RAD. RTC has nothing to do with it.

If you want to run RTC server on a WAS you need to install WAS, deploy RTC and run it there.

If you want to run the RTC SDK to develop extensions and run it in a WAS test environment, I would suggest to follow the Extension Workshop and use Jetty and tomcat instead. I don't know how to do that with WAS but you can later deploy your extension on WAS as easy as on Tomcat once you have tested them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.