It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronize Rational ClearQuest error

pan tianming (4765644) | asked Mar 27 '12, 10:48 p.m.
In our RAM 7.2.0.2, when visit the community and go to lifecycle tab, add a policy then click the "save and finish", it will throw following exception:
Error is thrown:
Error: Unable to load https://usivprx022ccxra.ccmp.ibm.lab/cloud/enterprise/ram/internal/communities/1140/lifecycles/cc_Automatic_Publish5.json status:403

I use the RAM admin use config the admistration page to Synchronize Rational ClearQuest, but it will throw following exception:
com.ibm.ram.problems.cq.CQNotificationManager (initialization failure)

In ram log, it shows like this:
0000005d WebApp E -: javax.faces.FacesException: #{pc_Tools.doSynchronizeCQ}: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.rational.clearquest.cqjni.CQException
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:79)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:312)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:302)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:419)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:77)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:220)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:91)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:197)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1219)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1154)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.security.RAMServletFilter.doFilter(RAMServletFilter.java:418)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
at com.ibm.ram.repository.web.filters.GZipFilter.doFilter(GZipFilter.java:45)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:848)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:691)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:654)
at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:526)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:764)
at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:133)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:457)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:515)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:300)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:271)
at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1069)
at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:647)
at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1830)
at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1551)
Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.rational.clearquest.cqjni.CQException
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:131)
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:73)
... 40 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.rational.clearquest.cqjni.CQException
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:69)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:131)
at com.ibm.ram.problems.cq.CQNotificationManager.<clinit>(CQNotificationManager.java:52)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
at pagecode.admin.repository.Tools.doSynchronizeCQ(Tools.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:127)
... 41 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.rational.clearquest.cqjni.CQException
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:503)
at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:404)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
... 53 more

Is any configuration wrong for ClearQuest?
Thanks.

7 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Apr 23 '12, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Time to go to IBM support. I have no other ideas to give you.

permanent link
Manjiri Kamat (5132325) | answered Apr 23 '12, 6:13 a.m.
I know of no other reason you would be getting that error. The default admin is a repo admin and should have authority to edit the lifecycle.

Hi Rich,

We are still facing this issue.I tried with the admin's id,the session had not got expired but still got this error.

In the log it shows permission denied.
00000062 PermissionRol 3 No permissions found for /internal/communities/3200/lifecycles.jso

On the UI it shows the message "Error :Unable to load https://usaxprx0a1ccxra.ccmp.ibm.lab/cloud/enterprise/ram/internal/communities/3200/lifecycles.json status :500".

Could you tell me if i need to check any other configuration ?.

Thanks

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 30 '12, 2:33 p.m.
I know of no other reason you would be getting that error. The default admin is a repo admin and should have authority to edit the lifecycle.

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Mar 29 '12, 10:18 p.m.
Hi Rich,

I use the RAM user is the default admin user for RAM , it also can login to RAM setup page.
So if this user does not have edit right , is any configuraiton can be made to make it available for edit lifecycle?

Thanks.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 29 '12, 10:37 a.m.
No, I said it probably timed out.

The actual error is that userid that is logged in at the time is not authorized to access the lifecycles.

So login, edit a lifecycle and then immediately try to save so that it wouldn't be a session timeout problem. If it still occurs then there is another problem.

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Mar 29 '12, 5:36 a.m.
Hi Rich,

Thank you, so you mean the root cause is time out?
I have tried with directly use RAM admin and update lifecycle, it still has problem. Also, the other function in RAM adminiation page is still valid when lifecycle not allowed to update.

Could you tell me where I can set this time out value to make it long enough for update lifecycle?
Thanks.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Mar 28 '12, 6:07 p.m.
Your error has nothing to do with sync with ClearQuest since lifecycles don't have anything to with ClearQuest? You should only be using that if you have legacy review processes that are connected through ClearQuest. So your lifecycle problem would not be caused by ClearQuest.

The actual problem is that your session had probably timed out while you were on the edit lifecycle page. That message is produced when the current user is not authorized to update lifecycles. If you timed out then you are anonymous and wouldn't be authorized.

This was fixed with a better message in 7.5.1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.