It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The baseline and snapshot

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Mar 26 '12, 1:52 p.m.
When do you create baseline and when create snapshot.

I think the snapshot contains baseline, so only create snapshot is enough?
Who can correct me?

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 26 '12, 11:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are allowed to create a baseline even if there are no changes so that you can create a baseline with that specific name (some organizations require that).

Cheers,
Geoff

Thanks Geoff, and could you help to figure that why I can still create baseline if nothing changed in the component?

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Mar 26 '12, 2:03 p.m.
You would create a snapshot if you need to capture the state of more than one component (a baseline is for exactly one component). And a snapshot will automatically create any baselines that it might need, so creating a snapshot is sufficient, unless you want to "force" the creation of a baseline with a specific name.

Cheers,
Geoff

quote="sakulisalee"]When do you create baseline and when create snapshot.

Who can correct me?

Thanks Geoff, and could you help to figure that why I can still create baseline if nothing changed in the component?

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 26 '12, 1:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You would create a snapshot if you need to capture the state of more than one component (a baseline is for exactly one component). And a snapshot will automatically create any baselines that it might need, so creating a snapshot is sufficient, unless you want to "force" the creation of a baseline with a specific name.

Cheers,
Geoff

quote="sakulisalee"]When do you create baseline and when create snapshot.

Who can correct me?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.