It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where are the constants for the 'state' of a work item defin

Ashish Mathur (12174) | asked Aug 04 '08, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I need to programmatically monitor when a work item has changed to a resolved state. For this I use
IWorkitem.getState2().getStringIdentifier()

The returned value, I need ot compare it with a constant for a resolved state. The value comes back as "3". I don;t want to hard-code a "3" in my code. Where are the constants defined so I could use them?

Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Aug 05 '08, 2:31 a.m.
These values are configured in the process configuration and not fixed, you could use the following instead:

IWorkItemClient workItemClient= (IWorkItemClient) teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IWorkItemClient.class);
IWorkflowInfo workflowInfo= workItemClient.findWorkflowInfo(workItem, monitor);
boolean isResolved= workflowInfo.getStateGroup(workItem.getState2()) == IWorkflowInfo.CLOSED_STATES;

HTH,

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Ashish Mathur (12174) | answered Aug 05 '08, 2:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Christof for the fast reply. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I am using this piece of code to get the IWorkflowInfo and is possibly similar to what you suggest.

IWorkflowInfo info = getWorkItemServer().findWorkflowInfo(workItem, new NullProgressMonitor());

and that works. This piece of code I realized is used elsewhere in our product. Do you see one approach better than the other?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ashish

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Aug 06 '08, 3:20 a.m.
The two approaches are basically the same. Your snippet uses the server-side service which is the only option on the server and corresponds to what I posted for the client-side. (The method is actually coming from an interface IWorkItemCommon that is shared between client and server.)

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Ashish Mathur (12174) | answered Aug 06 '08, 9:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks. That's good to know. I need this on the server side only.

Regards,
Ashish

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.