It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I restrict changeset association to work item type?

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Mar 21 '12, 12:14 p.m.
Hi.

Can anyone tell me if RTC allows me to restrict the association of change sets to particular work item types?

For example, of the various work item types available, I might want to prevent anyone performing source code changes and associating them with (say) Stories, Epics etc.

I've looked everywhere but am unable to find anything obvious

n.b. I'm using 30.1.2

Thanks

David

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 21 '12, 11:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 01 '15, 6:44 p.m.
There is no built-in functionality to provide this functionality, but associating a change-set with a work item is a process-enabled operation, so you should be able to implement your own process precondition to ensure change-sets are not associated with certain work item types. But this will not provide GUI guidance when selecting work items to a associate, so you might want to submit an enhancement request for that.

Cheers,
Geoff

Comments
David Dulling commented Mar 22 '12, 3:25 a.m. | edited Oct 01 '15, 6:44 p.m.

Hello, Geoff

Thanks for the rapid feedback on this. I'll certainly look to raise the enhancement request

Cheers

Dave

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Apr 30 '12, 11:44 a.m.
It seems there's a new precondition to address this use case in release 4.0M7

D

Comments
kuo hao tah commented Sep 28 '12, 3:42 a.m.

Hi David,

Do you know if this is confirmed yet? We're currently using RTC 4.0 but have not been able to see this new precondition.

Thanks,
KH

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 01 '15, 6:44 p.m.

David was probably thinking about the precondition that prevents delivery ... there is no control of this kind for associating a change-set to a work item.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 15 '19, 5:27 a.m.

A built in option is to use the "Require Work Items to Match Query" precondition on deliver server in later versions of RTC. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.