It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plug-in for WAS

Yehiel Glass (25538986) | asked Mar 20 '12, 6:09 a.m.
Hi,
I want to develop plugin for RTC.
I have the pdf "IBM Rational Team Concert 3.0.1 Extensibility"
But, the workshop is on Tomcat and not Websphere.
Is there a guide for developing a plugin on WAS or the way is to develop on Tomcat and deploy the .jar files to the WAS ?
If there are special instructions for creating a plugin for
WAS, please give me the information.
Thanks in advance.

4 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 20 '12, 9:33 a.m.
I develop my plugins in a Tomcat dev/test environment and deploy to a websphere production environment.. nothing is different except where the plugins are placed and the instructions for restarting the server..

permanent link
Yehiel Glass (25538986) | answered Mar 20 '12, 10:35 a.m.
I develop my plugins in a Tomcat dev/test environment and deploy to a websphere production environment.. nothing is different except where the plugins are placed and the instructions for restarting the server..

Can you write (or add a link to) instructions for deploying plugin products files to WAS (where to put the jar files and the ini file) ?
Thanks.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Mar 22 '12, 9:46 a.m.

Can you write (or add a link to) instructions for deploying plugin products files to WAS (where to put the jar files and the ini file) ?
Thanks.

The UpdateSite and the provision profile files have the same path under JAZZ_HOME/server/conf/ccm/

In order to restart the server you can use the websphere admin console, selecting the ccm application.

Michele

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 22 '12, 6:39 p.m.
we bundle ours /server/conf/ccm/xxxxsite

where xxxx is the vendor name (including our own company)..

this keeps all the vendor related stuff together..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.