It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SSO with Tomcat

Anders Truelsen (16212020) | asked Mar 14 '12, 11:18 a.m.
We're publishing a pair of CCM and JTS apps hosted on separate servers using a Citrix NetScaler (NS).

The NS picks up username and password for LDAP authentication and possibly two factor auth with an RSA token.

If authentication is successful the http request is forwarded to RTC. NS can pass on credentials to the login form but tends to get confused by the JTS login pop-up. Since I somehow only get prompted for JTS login the first time I connect to a server it kind of difficult to debug.
My login information does not seem to live in a cookie in my browser, so my question is, where does it live?

In order to make this work I need some information regarding the login sequence/logic that I can give to my Citrix expert. A pointer to wiki article would be greatly appreciated :-)

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Mar 27 '12, 8:54 a.m.
We're publishing a pair of CCM and JTS apps hosted on separate servers using a Citrix NetScaler (NS).

The NS picks up username and password for LDAP authentication and possibly two factor auth with an RSA token.

If authentication is successful the http request is forwarded to RTC. NS can pass on credentials to the login form but tends to get confused by the JTS login pop-up. Since I somehow only get prompted for JTS login the first time I connect to a server it kind of difficult to debug.
My login information does not seem to live in a cookie in my browser, so my question is, where does it live?

In order to make this work I need some information regarding the login sequence/logic that I can give to my Citrix expert. A pointer to wiki article would be greatly appreciated :-)

Hej Anders,

As far as i know SSO is only supported for WAS - you get some kind of LTPA token and some other auth stuff that is common for the aplications. Perhaps looking at the guide to set up SSO for WAS will find the info you need. If not I would suggest opening a pmr or making an appointment with some lab guys at innovate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.