It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom link type with specific source work item type

Anthony Krowiak (1111612) | asked Mar 13 '12, 11:47 a.m.
Is there a way to create a custom link type where the source endpoint is defined as a specific work item type? For example, our process template defines a work item type APAR. I would like to create a custom link type where the source endpoint must be an APAR work item. I tried defining the itemReferenceType for the source endpoint by setting the itemTypeName and packageURI to the APAR work item's Name and ID respectively. This did not work. Does anybody know if this can be done and, if so, how?

13 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 29 '12, 12:44 p.m.
given a workitem, how can I find the defined workitem types for this project?

I don't see that data off a project area..

You need a Workitem Client/Service, i have this call in PlainJava, there should be a similar service.

IWorkItemClient.findWorkItemTypes(projectArea, monitor)

cool.. thx.,. found what I needed and works great for the eclipse client

code posted back to 160162

still need to do the same for the web client

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 08 '12, 10:39 a.m.
posted the web solution back to 160162.

this only shows the custom link types in the projects where the specified workitem types are defined AND only shows the appropriate end action in the Add selection list (if this workitem is defect, it only shows the other end of the link to defect, and vice versa).

need to fix the 'add' dialogs next to only allow the opposite end type.

Sam

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 21 '12, 3:17 p.m.
I posted the Eclipse Add dialog enhancement to 160162.. only the defined type for the end link being created is listed in the Add dialog type dropdown.. and if u push 'create workitem' it doesn't put up the selection dialog, it just creates the workitem of the correct type..

the web side is much more difficult, as it runs off of queries.. instead of workitem types..

don't know what to do there..

but this is 90% of the need.

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.