It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross Project in RTC 3.0.1

Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | asked Mar 09 '12, 11:32 a.m.
Hi all,

we need to create a cross project in RTC to manage other subprojects: the subprojects are development projects (which uses a custom work item ) and master is for trouble ticketing management.
We tried to create a cross project ( which share the process ) and a master team with child teams but we can't manage the subproject ( which uses the master process ) work items from master project: also we tried to make some custom queries to retrieve the child work items but the query result is always empty.

There's a way to configure RTC to work in this manner ? We need to write some code to customize the work items visibility via API ?

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Mar 13 '12, 6:36 a.m.
Hi Marta,

thanks for your reply.

Now i got it.

Have a nice day

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Mar 12 '12, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From your original description, it sounds like you created a "Master Project" to provide process and other projects that use (consume) the process. When you create the projects that consume process, you *must* use the Unconfigured Process template. If you do not, the configuration of work items in the master process will not be used by the consuming project areas.

Using process sharing will make it easy for all project areas to use the same types of work items, but it will not make the work items in "consumer" project areas show up in queries from the "master" project area. The artifacts (work items) within project areas are not shared, just the process configuration is.

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Team

surely i explained very bad :-)

i try to answer your questions:

1) i need to edit from project A ( the workflow states and some other data )
the work items of the "child" projects

2) Reports it's for Business Intelligence only or not ?

2) since RTC doesn't have hierarchical projects in this version how we can create this customization ( i think with some, very huge, amount of code ) ?

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Mar 12 '12, 4:53 a.m.
surely i explained very bad :-)

i try to answer your questions:

1) i need to edit from project A ( the workflow states and some other data )
the work items of the "child" projects

2) Reports it's for Business Intelligence only or not ?

2) since RTC doesn't have hierarchical projects in this version how we can create this customization ( i think with some, very huge, amount of code ) ?

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 10 '12, 8:17 a.m.
Hi all,

we need to create a cross project in RTC to manage other subprojects: the subprojects are development projects (which uses a custom work item ) and master is for trouble ticketing management.
We tried to create a cross project ( which share the process ) and a master team with child teams but we can't manage the subproject ( which uses the master process ) work items from master project: also we tried to make some custom queries to retrieve the child work items but the query result is always empty.

There's a way to configure RTC to work in this manner ? We need to write some code to customize the work items visibility via API ?

Thanks

could u draw a picture? I'm not sure I understand what u are asking.

RTC does not have hierarchical projects. you can use a master/slave to control distribution of a process model configuration, but that is all.

what do u mean by 'manage' the sub project workitems? queries are limited to a project. for cross project you will have to move up to reports.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.