It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

If several ZOS User ID use the same RTC ID?

bin qi (6112320) | asked Mar 07 '12, 3:00 a.m.
In our client,there is a application installation team with several person.Each person have their own ZOS user id and rtc id.
For load action,component is the smallest part.
Each component has hundreds of files.
So for each installation person,they have to load all components into their private PDS.
But for our client,the ZOS storage is very limited.
So our client ask a question whether several ZOS User ID can use the same RTC ID,which means they can only load one copy for the application on ZOS.
I do some tests ,but I found the answer is no.
Does someone meet the same problem?
Are there some resolutions for this situation?
Thanks a lot!!

2 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

What client are we talking about here? I'm going to guess you are using the ISPF client.
If you are talking about the ISPF client then you are correct. In the 3.0.1.x release the lowest level of source load is the component level. We recognized this as a problem and in the 4.0 release we have been working on allowing load down to the file level. PLease see 146570: Support finer-grained load with ISPF client for details

Something else I think I ought mention is that we have a recommendation of no more than 500 parts per component. This is a general performance related recommendation and one that we have been suggesting to any customers we have been involved with during POC's and migrations

Guy

permanent link
bin qi (6112320) | answered Mar 20 '12, 10:18 p.m.
Thank you very much!!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.