It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Description field in "Test Cases" Repor

Nikunj Bindlish (1622) | asked Feb 29 '12, 7:08 a.m.
Hi...
In our project Test Case Id is maintained in the "Test Case" and Headline/Objective/Description is maintained in "Description" field in RQM. Now, I want to generate a report which gives me Test Case, Description, SubModule and Priority for the given category criteria.

Through "Test Cases" Report I only receive the Test case, Category type, Category name AND Last modified.

Is their any way using which I can create a report or use a existing report to give me Test Case, Description, SubModule and Priority fields for the given category criteria

Thanks,
-Nikunj

4 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Mar 15 '12, 5:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Nikunj,
Why would you not use Test Case Title for storing Testcase title. RQM reports works based on the understanding of fields defined by RQM.
FYI RQM 4.0 also provides priority field for Testplan, testcase, TER etc..
Please check custom reporting options available using RRDI.

permanent link
Nikunj Bindlish (1622) | answered Mar 16 '12, 4:00 a.m.
Hi Pramod,

Thanks for the reply.
We are storing the Test Case Id in the "Test Case" field as there is no field available for storing the Test Case Id and the Objective/Description of the Test Case seperately. If there are any such fields available in RQM to store Test Case Id and Test Case description seperately, please let me know.

Regards,
-Nikunj

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Mar 16 '12, 4:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pramod,

Thanks for the reply.
We are storing the Test Case Id in the "Test Case" field as there is no field available for storing the Test Case Id and the Objective/Description of the Test Case seperately. If there are any such fields available in RQM to store Test Case Id and Test Case description seperately, please let me know.

Regards,
-Nikunj

Nikunj,
I would advice you to explore custom attribute and category. Good part is these are queryable and reportable.

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree. This is a case for custom attributes. We do not want to load
description fields into the warehouse because of performance
considerations.

Best regards,
Peter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.