It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report- summary of multiple custom attributes required

Alan Deegan (16122) | asked Feb 28 '12, 6:49 a.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 10:29 a.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
Hi,

I am writing a summary report that shows the following breakdown by theme:

Theme name Total Points Remaining Points %Complete
    themename1.......14.................6.....................57%

themename2.......19...............19.......................0%
themename3......100...............10....................90%
themename4.........27.................0..................100%

The colour coding shows the risk of missing the release based on velocity as calculated in the Advanced Burndown Chart.

The issue I am having is that not only is the Theme field a custom attribute, but so are the story points.

I have used a Data Set to create an array that stores the StoryId, Theme, ResolutionDate and StoryPoints. This is effectively 2 entries per StoryId.

The problem I am having is in now extracting that data into the table as detailed above - I am still learning javascript and I can't seem to be able to cycle through the array to pick out the data I need.

My datacube knowledge is pretty limited, but is that the way to go, and if so how would I be able to calculate the % complete in a datacube?

I am using RTC 3.0.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jun 17 '13, 3:12 p.m.
It seems to be a duplicate of https://jazz.net/forum/questions/63522/retrieving-multiple-custom-attributes-in-birt-report. Anyway there is no answer there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.