It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to determine who changed a build definition?

Albert Mello (16166) | asked Feb 23 '12, 2:49 p.m.
It would be nice if we could see who and when a build definiton was changed, including the changes.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 25 '12, 12:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe local eclipse history only shows the history of files that you have edited in that Eclipse workspace, and the build definition is a repository object, not a file. I'm not aware of an XML file associated with a build definition.

You can see when a build definition was changed and who changed it (right click on the build definition, and select "show history"), but you cannot find out what changed. Work item 161630 asks for that information to be added. Please feel free to add a comment to that work item indicating your interest/support.

Cheers,
Geoff

It would be nice if we could see who and when a build definiton was changed, including the changes.

I think you can use the local eclipse history - I know its not the same as a full version control - but I guess you could copy the content of the xml to a files that you submit to jazz source control.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Feb 24 '12, 5:05 a.m.

I think you can use the local eclipse history - I know its not the same as a full version control - but I guess you could copy the content of the xml to a files that you submit to jazz source control.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.