It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding custom report to dashboard widget

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked Feb 22 '12, 8:41 a.m.
Hi,

in RTC 3.0.1.2 I saw that we can add custom report to dashboard widget.
Is there a way to add custom report made for example in BIRT, to dashboard widget?

Regards,

5 answers

permanent link
David Arnone (111619) | answered Mar 22 '15, 6:52 p.m.
I followed these instructions.  First off, Trend Report is not a selectable option.  Instead select "Report" and that gives id com.ibm.team.reports.viewlet.  Add title and id of deployed viewlet.  The viewlet is added to the catalog with no preview.  When I add it to a dashboard nothing renders.  When I click on the title, it renders on a full page saying loading.  Nothing renders.  If I export the report a s a PDF, the graph is exported.

So what I am I doing wrong?

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Feb 28 '12, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
See the following Wiki document - it is fairly comprehensive:
How To Add New Dashboard Trend Reports
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/HowToAddNewDashboardTrendReports

Also, we introduced a new generic "Report" viewlet in 4.x that makes this process easier:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/4.0M7?p=news#reports-M7

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented May 23 '14, 11:41 a.m.

Mike,

I am trying to use the Report viewlet in my personal dasboard, but I can not select the report I have created in the report list of the viewlet. How to make my report available in the report list?
Thanks.

Kevin Ramer commented May 23 '14, 12:33 p.m.

Just a reminder:  Make sure that you have the "correct" Catalog chosen along the top of the Add widget screen.   Those items are the various applications registered to the JTS which is the manager of the dashboards.

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Feb 27 '12, 8:16 a.m.
see also:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21454548

regards
Guido

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Feb 24 '12, 7:10 a.m.
Hi,

Is there a way to add custom report made for example in BIRT, to dashboard widget?

Regards,

I think this should be possible - but you probably need to add the custom report to the process template for this to work.

Hi dk11419,

I got how it works. I must open RTC client, and configure dashboard in project, and add any existing report view (to get report.viewlet id), then in Additional I must type id of deployed report.

This works,

Thanks, and regards,

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Feb 24 '12, 5:13 a.m.
Hi,

Regards,

I think this should be possible - but you probably need to add the custom report to the process template for this to work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.