It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define artifact types of type "module"

Donat Hutter (2153239) | asked Feb 20 '12, 2:36 a.m.
We have a running RTC/Jazz V3.0.1 installation including RRC. I just installed the DOORS NG client (4.1 beta1).
But I do not see the new Default Artifact Format "Module" when I try to define an artifact type. How to get this type?

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a running RTC/Jazz V3.0.1 installation including RRC. I just installed the DOORS NG client (4.1 beta1)...

The beta1 DOORS NG client must run against a beta1 server (same code level).

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:39 a.m.
Once you have a beta1 client and server running you can find task guides here:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DOORSNextGenerationBeta1TaskGuide

In addition I recommend carefully reading the informational tabs on the DOORS NG beta1 download page.

permanent link
Donat Hutter (2153239) | answered Feb 20 '12, 11:23 a.m.
Once you have a beta1 client and server running you can find task guides here:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DOORSNextGenerationBeta1TaskGuide

In addition I recommend carefully reading the informational tabs on the DOORS NG beta1 download page.

Ok I got it ... thank you for the info.
Does this means, that I can not expect this artifact format to be available in the Jazz/RM until the final release?

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 20 '12, 12:10 p.m.
Does this means, that I can not expect this artifact format to be available in the Jazz/RM until the final release?

The RRC 2012 plan includes module support, which is planned for 2Q (earlier than DOORS NG availability). You can read more in each published RRC milestone's "New and Noteworthy" on the milestone download page. See also the release plan summary (available from the project page), or in the individual work items development is working against.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.