It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Default values- Attribute customization

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Feb 17 '12, 11:22 a.m.
Hello,

I use RTC 3.01 and customized some attribute so that when a new Defect is created , the decription will be pre-filled with a defined text: (In Types and Attributes section of the Process Configuration Editor, edit the Description attribute and select the default value that I have created).

The issue I have here is that when saving the mesage Modifying a buil-in attribute will affect all Work Items types in this PAoccurs and can't uncheck it. As a result, when creating any type of WI i got them pre-filed with exactly the same description which is anoying.
I would like to have different values for different WI, e.g. User Story, Defects, Tasks. Is there a way to do this?
Thank you,
Zica

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Zica,

I created https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=197476 because I had assumed the default would be workflow dependent and I can see that there is a need. Feel free to provide your input there.

The only chance I saw was using a scripted value provider. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization

I tried that, but was not able to access the type - because it is not really set yet, I assume.
Last option would be a calculated value, but I can't try that out today.

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Feb 22 '12, 2:41 a.m.
Hello,

I use RTC 3.01 and customized some attribute so that when a new Defect is created , the decription will be pre-filled with a defined text: (In Types and Attributes section of the Process Configuration Editor, edit the Description attribute and select the default value that I have created).

The issue I have here is that when saving the mesage Modifying a buil-in attribute will affect all Work Items types in this PAoccurs and can't uncheck it. As a result, when creating any type of WI i got them pre-filed with exactly the same description which is anoying.
I would like to have different values for different WI, e.g. User Story, Defects, Tasks. Is there a way to do this?
Thank you,
Zica

Hi Zica,
I implemented this for a customer by replacing description with separate HTML attributes for each work item type need ending a default value. You can then create a new descriPtion section with the new attribute.

-Neil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.